cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zillay

Custom Connector GET JSON

Hi,

i installed on premises data gateway and created a custom connector to link with the database on my server. 

i imported postman collection to create the custom connector.

When i Test custom connector, i get the 500 failure message

{
"pragma": "no-cache",
"strict-transport-security": "max-age=31536000; includeSubDomains",
"x-content-type-options": "nosniff",
"date": "Thu, 15 Aug 2019 00:38:52 GMT",
"x-frame-options": "DENY",
"content-type": "application/json; charset=utf-8",
"x-ms-request-id": "483fa23a-3277-41de-874b-f607-f142b8a1",
"cache-control": "no-cache,no-store",
"content-length": "195",
"expires": "-1"
}

{
"status": 500,
"message": "Setting 'gateway' cannot be null\r\nclientRequestId: 483fa23a-3277-41de-874b-f607-f142b8a1",
"source": "gatewayconnector-ae.azconn-ae.p.azurewebsites.net"
}

would apprciate help to understand what i am doing wrong.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Custom Connector GET JSON

Hi @Zillay ,

Do you create a custom connector to connect to your local database server within your PowerApps?

Which Authentication type do you use within your custom connector?

If your custom connector connects to your local database server, you need to enable the "Connect via on-premises data gateway" option within your custom connector as below:2.JPG

You could also need to enable "HTTP" schema rather than "HTTPS" schema within your custom connector.

Also please make sure you have installed a proper On-premises data gateway on your PC already.

More details about creating a custom connector to connect to On-premises server, please check the following blog:

https://flow.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/on-premise-apis/

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Zillay

thank you @v-xida-msft 

i did exactly that to connect to local database server. 

please see the attached imge. 

i couldnot paste the image here:(

Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Zillay ,

Which authentication type do you use in your Custom connector? Basic Authentication?

Could you please share more details about the actions defined within your custom connector?

Have you taken a try to create your custom connector from "Blank" rather than from Postman collection?

Currently, I could not reproduce your issue on my side. Please consider take a try to create your custom connector from "Blank" rather than from Postman collection, check if the issue is solved.

Also please check if you have specified proper action path in your custom connector, and installed a proper On-premises data gateway on your PC.

When you create a connection to this Custom connector within your PowerApps, please make sure you have chosen a proper On-premises Data Gateway.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Zillay

@v-xida-msft this is the gateway i configured, and the action

gateway.pngConnectorAction.png

marekbuban Helper II
Helper II

This just happened to me and the problem was, that I first created connection without "Data gateway" option enabled.

Just create new connection after you correctly configured everything and it should work.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,188)