cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Custom Connectors. Why only 1 Custom Connector, Microsoft?

Hello,

I have been working in powerapps now for about 6 months and I am very satisfied with all the features that it has to offers. I was wondering however, why the basic office 365 plan has only one custom connector available? Custom connectors are a way for companies to truely specialize their product and meet their customer needs. I was wondering what the explanation behind this logic is and why we wouldn´t be allowed to have maybe 5-10 so that our customers could also use the connectors without having to pay for the additional fee on top of paying for our work.

Kind Regards,

YungHelgi

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Custom Connectors. Why only 1 Custom Connector, Microsoft?

Hi @YungHelgi,

The idea with the included of capabilities within Office 365 is primarily to enable customers that already use Office 365 in their day-to-day to leverage PowerApps to build apps on top of their Office 365 data.

Building and using more complex and custom apps and workflows that (as you say) leverage multiple custom connectors is one of the main purposes of the PowerApps Plan 1 offering.

Hope that helps,

James

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Adding Staff @jo  on the license part.

From my own point, this should be related to the resource management under the tenant resource accross the whole company.

As the custom connector is allowed to be created one for each user.

Please check the following page for the details about the license related:

PowerApps pricing

License Overview

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @YungHelgi,

The idea with the included of capabilities within Office 365 is primarily to enable customers that already use Office 365 in their day-to-day to leverage PowerApps to build apps on top of their Office 365 data.

Building and using more complex and custom apps and workflows that (as you say) leverage multiple custom connectors is one of the main purposes of the PowerApps Plan 1 offering.

Hope that helps,

James

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Did the plans for basic Office 365 users change?  It appears from the licenses page we no longer get 1 custom connector with Powerapps and would require Plan 1 or Plan 2....

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (8,215)