cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Custom Connectors differing behaviour between web version and app version

I have an app that is calling a custom connector to perform REST API calls. For one of these calls, there seems to be a big difference between the call being made when running the app in a browser vs running it from the PowerApps app in both iOS and Android.

The call in question is performing a PATCH operation, and is modifying three fields deep within the structure the call is related to. Unfortunately, I don't have access to the APIs themselves to change how it works.

Making the call from the Custom Connector test form works. The fields update correctly, and when retrieved via a get call later, the fields have updated.

Running the app in the browser and performing the same operation also works.

However, when performing the same steps in the app from the PowerApps app in iOS and Android, this call does nothing. 

I've wrapped the call in an IfError() block, and indeed, in the app it throws an error, but in the browser it does not. However, due to the fact that Errors() only works on datasources and not API calls, I can't drill into the error to find out what went wrong.

Considering that this works in the browser, it also works in designer, and so it doesn't throw the error here either, which means I can't explore what the error is here either.

I initially thought that the issue might be Patch calls, and so spun up a simple power app and endpoint to test various calls. Strangely, in this app it was Post calls that failed to work.

Is there some way to investigate what this issue might be, and what might be the cause of this discrepancy between the two environments?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Custom Connectors differing behaviour between web version and app version

Hi @bpm ,

I could not reproduce your issue on my side currently. 

Could you please check the PowerApps studio version between the browser and mobile?

Please keep Not only the PowerApps studio version but also the canvas app version the same.

As an alternative solution, you could consider take a try to delete the custom connector from your PowerApps, and then re-add it, then check if the issue is solved.

Hope this helps.

Sik

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: Custom Connectors differing behaviour between web version and app version

Hi @v-siky-msft,

I have performed the above tasks but am still seeing the error in the app.

Would it be possible to get a version of the test app to compare with

Thanks,

bpm

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (14,022)