Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LeeB_CDN
Helper III
Helper III

Custom Dropdown Search and Hide function

Good day, Awesome people!

I have a good one here, been fighting with this for awhile... I have built a custom dropdown control using the technique described in this blog post: https://www.cloudfronts.com/blog/powerapps/create-a-custom-dropdown-control-in-canvas-powerapps/ 

Essentially, using Sequence() to preload numbers into a collection, then adding them to a gallery and controlling by a textbox sitting on top, looks like this (When the gallery is visible):

Dropdown Sequence.PNG

The functionality I am trying to execute is that the textbox is blank and the dropdown is hidden until the user selects the textbox. Once that happens, I want the gallery dropdown to show and start searching once the user starts typing... Once they select the number (or finish typing) the dropdown gallery needs to hide. I can get it to show, hide and update the value of the text box, but cannot make it search and auto hide on selection of  a value... 

Sorry, I hope that is clear enough, I am trying to make this search code on the gallery Items property work but I am missing something:

Search(colLocationList, Surf_QTR_Input.Text, "QTR_Values")

where 'colLocationList' is the collection storing the number sequence , 'Surf_QTR_Input' is the text input box interacting with the gallery, and "QTR_Values" is the column name in the collection which holds the sequence of numbers... 

Thanks in advance, due to the limitations of formatting the ComboBox I am trying to customize a searchable dropdown solution... 

Happy PowerApp'ing!!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LeeB_CDN
Helper III
Helper III

Solved this. Just had to rework how the visibility variable was calling. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LeeB_CDN
Helper III
Helper III

Solved this. Just had to rework how the visibility variable was calling. 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Power Apps Community Call Jan. 2022 768x460.png

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, January 19th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,395)