cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mahonebn
Level: Powered On

Custom Form not Scrolling on iPhone

I have a custom form that is working on all devices except for the iPhone. On this device, I cannot get the screen to scroll up or down and Left or right. Is this a bug for the iPhone or am I doing somethign funky that I need to fix?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Re: Custom Form not Scrolling on iPhone

Hi @Parth I posted this to my Product Team and here is the response:

In the mobile app players you will not find any 'customized forms' from SharePoint. However, if your mobile phone can browse to the URL of the SharePoint list (using Chrome for example) then they can see the form (since they will be in the browser). If you priority is for a mobile app (that you want to use directly from your iphone), then rather than using Customize Forms you would use "Create an App" or "App from Data". 

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mahonebn,

By saying custom form, do you mean the EditForm control,  the Display Form control or the Gallery control?

Besides, have you modified the App Settings to turn the Lock aspect ratio off to check?

For more information about how it works, see:

Change screen size and orientation in PowerApps

Quoted:

"

Under Lock aspect ratio, specify either On or Off.

If you lock the aspect ratio, the app will retain the appropriate aspect ratio for a phone. If the app is running on another kind of device, the app will display incorrectly and may show unwanted results. If you unlock the aspect ratio, the app will adjust to the aspect ratio of the device on which it's running.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mahonebn

That is for a PowerApp. I have a Custom Form that was created from a SharePoint list. When I view it on my iPhone, the form will not scroll. It only shows what is in the current window.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Could you please share a screenshot ?

Regards,

Michael

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
mahonebn

I am attaching two screen shots - 1. How it is supposed to look and 2. How it looks on the iPhone. You will see on the iPhone image that the text is cut off on the right and bottom. I am unable to scroll to see the remaining form.

Also, as a side note, do you know why when I click on the ellipsis that I get the triangle symbol (also in the screen shot)?

Thank you for taking the time to look at this.

Sample-Form-All.pngSample-Form-iPhone.png

mahonebn

Any ideas?

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @mahonebn,

I am afraid currently PowerApps custom form is not supported under SharePoint mobile Apps:

An Idea under Office 365 User Voice:

https://office365.uservoice.com/forums/264636-general/suggestions/33836473-support-mobile-app-add-su...

Another thread for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Using-PowerApps/Power-app-customized-list-form-is-not-opening-pr...

Regards,

Michael

mahonebn

I'm a bit confused as this works perfectly for Android phones. It's just the i-Phone that I am having difficulty with. Thoughts?

Parth

Hi,

Were you able to resolve this issue? i am facing the same scenario.

Thanks and Regards

TopShelf-MSFT
Level 10

Hi @Parth I posted this to my Product Team and here is the response:

In the mobile app players you will not find any 'customized forms' from SharePoint. However, if your mobile phone can browse to the URL of the SharePoint list (using Chrome for example) then they can see the form (since they will be in the browser). If you priority is for a mobile app (that you want to use directly from your iphone), then rather than using Customize Forms you would use "Create an App" or "App from Data". 

@TopShelf-MSFT

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,266)