cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Custom List Search Type Column in PowerApps

Hi

I have a Custom List in Sharepoint Online which has one column with a type of search. This column gets info from another custom list in the same site. This column do not bring any other columns from that another list.

My problem is that when I try to modify the Form of this list, this search type column does not appear in the Form in the PowerApps. Also, if I try to create a new app using data from this list, this app do not show up data from this search type column. App do not even show this column at all.

Is custom list search type columns supported by PowerApps? If they are, how do I get these columns to show up in the custom form or in new app?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Custom List Search Type Column in PowerApps

Hi @Iivo ,

I have never see a column type as search in SharePoint may I know what is the field type you selected while creating the column the list below:

KrishnaV_0-1595422332953.png

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Iivo ,

Could you describe more clearly

1)what is data type of this field?

2)where do you display/edit this field?
I agree with @KrishnaV . I'm afraid there's no data type named search in sharepoint list.

There's a data type called lookup, which looks up to another field in another list.

If you really use lookup field, you should use a combo box to display data and edit data in your sharepoint custom list and powerapps app.

Usually, we set like this:

combo box's Items:

Choices(listname.lookup fieldname)

combo box's DefaultSelectedItems:

ThisItem.lookupfieldname

this field datacard's Update:

Comboboxname.Selected

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted

Hi

Sorry, it was a lookup column type, not search. My environment is in Finnish..

If the lookup column is set to show a column (from another list) that is "linked to item", this column does not seem to work in PowerApps. I just chose the same column but this time without that "linked to item" and now it shows up in PowerApps.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Iivo ,

I just want to follow up with you on this issue to see is it resolved or still you see any challenges.

If you see any challenge/need further help let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,599)