Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JavedShaikh
Microsoft
Microsoft

Custom PCF control not visible in classic view

Hello,

I have developed my custom PCF control and imported the solution to my custom environment. My scenario is:

I need to bind this control to sub-grid (in model driven app). When I go to 'switch to classic' view -> Select the subgrid -> Change properties -> Controls, I cannot see my custom control.

ControlManifest.Input.Xml: Note that the property I have added is just a dummy property and not needed.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<manifest>
  <control namespace="xyz" constructor="customcontrol" version="0.0.1" display-name-key="customcontrol" description-key="customcontrol description" control-type="standard">
    <!-- property node identifies a specific, configurable piece of data that the control expects from CDS -->

<property name="text2" display-name-key="Property_Display_Key" description-key="Property_Desc_Key" of-type="SingleLine.Text" usage="input" required="false" />
    <resources>
      <code path="CustomControl.ts" order="1" />
    </resources>
    <feature-usage>
      <uses-feature name="WebAPI" required="true" />
    </feature-usage>
  </control>
</manifest>

Any help will be much appreciated.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @JavedShaikh,

To use a PCF on a view or subgrid, you need to specify your control as a Dataset in your control manifest. Have a look at the sample below for reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/data-set-gr...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
JavedShaikh
Microsoft
Microsoft

Update:

If I add a normal 'text field' then I am able to see the custom control in classic view and attach it to this text field. But when I attach a sub-grid, I am unable to do it.

Sub-question: does it really matter if I am using a simple text field or sub-grid, as eventually I am just overwriting it with my own custom control (and note that I am not using any view or form).

ChrisPiasecki
Super User
Super User

Hi @JavedShaikh,

To use a PCF on a view or subgrid, you need to specify your control as a Dataset in your control manifest. Have a look at the sample below for reference.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/developer/component-framework/sample-controls/data-set-gr...

---
Please click Accept as Solution if my post answered your question. This will help others find solutions to similar questions. If you like my post and/or find it helpful, please consider giving it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

JavedShaikh
Microsoft
Microsoft

Thanks for the solution @ChrisPiasecki 

One thing to add which I was missing, could be useful for others - I forgot to update the version number in manifest.xml. Due to which the latest control was not getting reflected on the environment.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,341)