Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
berofeev
Helper I
Helper I

Custom Page - Combobox goes blank when updating underlying collection

Hi Community!

I've got a really quirky problem that I can't see to figure out.

I have a custom page with a gallery containing a few comboboxes.  The gallery items are a local collection (colTimesheetLines)

On each combobox there is an onchange event firing which patches back to colTimesheetLines. Each combobox patches different fields, but they generally look like this:

Patch(
    colTimesheetLines,
    LookUp(colTimesheetLines,GUID=ThisItem.GUID),
    {
        'Work Hours': Self.Selected.Value,
        FinishTime: DateAdd(DateTimeValue(Text(dteTimesheetDate.SelectedDate,ShortDate) & " " & TimeValue(ThisItem.StartTime)),Self.Selected.Value*60,Minutes)
        }
);

The defaultItems are different for each combobox too, but generally they look like this:

LookUp(Sequence(61,0,0.25),Value=ThisItem.'Work Hours')

In development, this all works well, the collection is updated and the comboboxes all show the correct information.

In production however, when I change one combobox, they others blank out.  It also doesn't seem to be consistent.  The underlying collection is correctly patched, and i've verified this by using labels instead of comboboxes for a few of the fields to confirm the data changes.

See 2 x attached GIFs, one in development where it works as expected, and one in production where the comboboxes lose their values.

I'm at a complete loss as to why this is happening.

Anyone have any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
berofeev
Helper I
Helper I

In case anyone has the same problem, I ended up enabling classic controls and using a classic combobox, which did not exhibit the same problem.

Is there somewhere to submit a bug report for this?

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
berofeev
Helper I
Helper I

In case anyone has the same problem, I ended up enabling classic controls and using a classic combobox, which did not exhibit the same problem.

Is there somewhere to submit a bug report for this?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

June User Group Leader Call

Join us on June 28 for our monthly User Group leader call!

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (3,142)