cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Re: Custom SharePoint list form, Person field not displaying values in people picker

Hello @bethtip,

The fix has been deployed to all tenants. What you described though looks like a different issue. I've tried customizing a SharePoint form and found that both Choices ans Persons field work fine. Is there a specific sequence a need to follow in order to reproduce the problem?

bethtip
Level: Powered On

Re: Custom SharePoint list form, Person field not displaying values in people picker

These are simple SharePoint lists.  I used PowerApps from within Sharepoint to create the custom forms. I haven't changed any attributes in PowerApps.  When I discovered what was happening I created a test list adding two columns .... on a Person type and one a Choice type.  After publishing, the two lookup fields work for my account (owner, SharePoint admin, etc.).  However, any other user I try to use has the same result .... no lookup.   If I revert back to the default SharePoint list form, the lookup fields work for all users.  

MK1

Hi 

I'm moving my sharepoint list from developer site to production site, while doing this there were some issues with lookup columns so i deleted them and recreated and developed the form again on production site. Now while trying submit  new request from customised PowerApp form from sharepoint list SAVE option is not working. I'm unable to create new items on list.

Any idea why this is happening

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

Hello @MK1,

The best way to check is to create an applciation (see start with your data section) from the production list. If the test application works fine with adding new data then this would eliminate any possible issues with production list.

If the test applicatino does not work then I would check the SharePoint permissions.

MK1

HI @dinusc,

On my flow I'm using Send an http request to sharepoint.

Where i'm trying to get Name of a user from sharepoint list.

But when i do that. I'm getting user email address with i:0#.f|membership|username@Company.com.

with out this how can i get user FullName.

Thanks,

MK

Microsoft dinusc
Microsoft

It would help to know what type of request is used and how the data is bound.

This thread was originally about the populating the Person field from the SharePoint connector. It looks like the issue that you see is not related to that so I would suggest to create a separate thread.

frigi

Hi @tahoon, I have an App (generatet from zero in Powerapps) that has some trouble to populate two person fileds.

I have tried to re publish the app, but is not working. The strange thing is that the two field are mandatory in Sharepoint, but wenn I generate the new element from the app there ist a new element in the Sharepoint list with the two person's fields empty.

Any idea why?

Power Apps Staff tahoon
Power Apps Staff

Hi @frigi,

This seems like a different issue from the original one in the thread. Please start a new thread because this one has been marked as "solved".

I am not clear about the problem you are describing. Are the combo boxes for the people fields not there at all, or there are combo boxes, but there is no autocomplete when typing in them?

RumorRyder

This is still an issue with PowerApps Customize forms feature.

I have a "Person or Group" column in my SP list. I have created a PowerApps Customized form for this list. When I select an existing record in the list and click "Edit" the information from the "Person or Group" column does not come up in the editable form, it is blank and when I try to "save" the form it says I need to enter a value in the "Person or Group" field. I want the VALUE that is already in this column from the list to already be in this field. How can I fix this?

Highlighted
RumorRyder

UPDATE:

Not exactly sure why it was happening in the first place or why this worked, but I ended up DELETING the Person Field from my Powerapp form and readded it and everything is working as it should. I must have inadvertently made a change to the field originally that caused the disconnect.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,370)