cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BarryBarkley
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom SharePoint list form, Person field not displaying values in people picker

Hi,

Since a few hours ago, the people picker control stopped working correctly for any new or edited SharePoint PowerApp forms.

Unchanged forms on SharePoint lists still works as expected.

Scenario:

Create a new SharePoint list, add Person column, customise the form, save and publish.

The result is that when you add a new item, you can start typing a person's name, and you can see it queries and returns a result in the picker options, but all rows are blank.

If you select one of the blank rows and save the item, the SharePoint list has the correct person value saved.

Opening an existing item with a person populated in the list item also seems blank in the PowerApp.

The picker control still picks up DisplayName and Email and other fields from the Choices(...) function for the items, but it seems that those fields don't have values populated correctly.

Cheers,

Barry

31 REPLIES 31

@RumorRyder, That might have happened if you removed the list data source and added it back. Now, when you do it - people pickers that were dependent on that list - break. It started breaking like that about 2-3 months ago. Before that we used to be able to remove and add data sources with no problems.

SJR08
Regular Visitor

This issue still exists when i tried to save item with powerapps modified sharepoint list form, people field is not showing any users, has  a look of dropdown. This is in MS 365 developer subscription site.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,036)