Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthiasL
Advocate III
Advocate III

Custom color property of component can't be added

Hi there!

I'm currently creating a component in a canvas app which has some custom input properties. I can add every property from Text, Number, Screen, Table, ... except Color! I can click create and the property just doesn't show up. I can't  even change another property  into a color property.

Am I missing something here? I have to hard-code the color in the component at the moment.

4 REPLIES 4
not_a_thing
Helper I
Helper I

Hi Matthias
What is the component you're adding and what element of it you try to change color on?

Your component, or control as it is called in canvas apps, can have color property on many different sub elements. Take button, for example. It doesn't really make sense to "change the color" of a button, because it has different properties for border, background, text, hover, clicked state, and each of them can have a different color.

I am talking about components, not about controls (see attached pic - it's the german version).
In these components you can add custom input and output properties, except color properties. It has nothing to do with BorderColor, Fill, and so on.

PresidentWillem
Frequent Visitor

I have the exact same issue in the Dutch version of PowerApps. Did you come up with a solution? @MatthiasL 

MatthiasL
Advocate III
Advocate III

Sadly not. I currently have to change the color in the component itself.

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,705)