cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Custom component Visible property not working anymore when binded to a var

Hey everyone,

Since yesterday, the Visible property of my custom components doesn't seem to react to the backing variable changes.

In many places in my canvas apps I use components to display warning or progress messages while the app is working

For example, in the App OnStart event:

Set(IsWorking, true);
// ... long running process ...
Set(IsWorking, false);

then I bind a custom component Visible property to the IsWorking variable and it works fine....well that was until yesterday!

I tried to explicitly call Reset(component_name) after changing the var value, same result. I even tried triggering the variable change on a button click just to isolate the problem...again same result.

Strangely, if I change the Visible property directly in the "formula bar" by typing the variable name, it works.

I've found a workaround using containers instead of components, even tough I don't like using experimental features...but at least it works!

Anyone had the same problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Custom component Visible property not working anymore when binded to a var

Hi @FPI-Marc @Mizz @MarkPP ,

A fix was rolled out earlier today for this issue. Can you let us know if it is resolved for you?

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Hello,

I've had some unexplainable behaviour in created components aswell. You may want to check whether the name of the variable is set both in the app as well as in the component ie. are you also using IsWorking within the component?

Not sure whether this solves it, but I remember having an issue with this at some point in time.

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Mizz,

Actually the "IsWorking" variable is only used to toggle the component visibility, as you would do for any other controls. So it is declared in the app OnStart and then used in different functions of the app.

The strangest thing about this situation is that it worked very well in the past 2 months and then it stopped working. This might has to do with a bug introduced  in a recent PowerApps version.

Thanks

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I am getting the exact same issue which only appears to have started in the past few days. My issue has been around the visible property and also setting the colours of components using a custom input property.

Hopefully a fix will be issued soon.

Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Hi @FPI-Marc @Mizz @MarkPP ,

A fix was rolled out earlier today for this issue. Can you let us know if it is resolved for you?

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Works perfectly now!

Thanks @Mr-Dang-MSFT !

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Works great again 🙂 Thanks @Mr-Dang-MSFT 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,881)