Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandAStairs
Advocate I
Advocate I

Custom component not reading all items in data source collection

Hi all,

I am building an app using a custom component that contains a gallery to display a list of customers.

This list of customers comes from an SQL database, and is very long. Some processing does have to be done on the collection to make it comply with the component's expected structure, specifically some columns need to be renamed, and two columns added.

The problem I'm having is that the component brings in 500 items, but no more. 

I had a look around, but I can't find any indication that components are subject to delegation limits, and I'm not getting any warnings (nor can I find anyone else with a similar problem).

Anybody able to help me out?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SandAStairs
Advocate I
Advocate I

I managed to solve the issue.

For anyone who may encounter similar issues, it was how I'd had the functions nested - nothing to do with the component.

The columns were getting renamed, and the search performed on the resulting table, when the search should have been happening on the data source directly, then changing the column names

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
SandAStairs
Advocate I
Advocate I

I managed to solve the issue.

For anyone who may encounter similar issues, it was how I'd had the functions nested - nothing to do with the component.

The columns were getting renamed, and the search performed on the resulting table, when the search should have been happening on the data source directly, then changing the column names

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Government Carousel

New forum: GCC, GCCH, DoD - Federal App Makers (FAM)

In response to the unique and evolving requirements of the United States public sector, Microsoft has created Power Apps US Government.

Users online (4,172)