cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinfy
Regular Visitor

Custom connector and interpretation of JSON without complete key/value structure from API

I have created a custom connector which connects to an endpoint that returns JSON in the following format:

{ 
  "sammy" : {
    "username"  : "sammy",
    "location"  : "Indian Ocean",
    "online"    : true,
    "followers" : 987
  },
  "jesse" : {
    "username"  : "jesse",
    "location"  : "Pacific Ocean",
    "online"    : false,
    "followers" : 432
  },
  "drew" : {
    "username"  : "drew",
    "location"  : "Atlantic Ocean",
    "online"    : false,
    "followers" : 321
  },
  "jamie" : {
    "username"  : "jamie",
    "location"  : "Pacific Ocean",
    "online"    : true,
    "followers" : 654
  }
}

The problem, when I try to use the data in PowerApps, i.e. in a gallery, the first level of the JSON structure isn't on a key value format (i.e. "sammy" and "jessy" insted of "name":"sammy" and "name":"jessy"). These are interpreted as keys and have to be accessed in a non dynamic fashion with getUsers()."sammy", getUsers()."jessy" and so forth where getUsers() is the function name in the custom connector.

Is it possible to configure the custom connector, so these values aren't interpreted as keys but values? Or to completely skip the first level (since the information also is available in the next level of the JSON structure)?

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bumping for visibility 

@Anonymous 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,133)