cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KCh
Advocate II
Advocate II

Custom connector using Postman collection v.2 - is it possible?

Hi all,

The Postman on my PC have been updated and I realized that in the new version Postman doesn't offer to export collection in v.1. I see only v.2 in the export window. In the same time Power Apps doesn't accept Postman collections v.2 (only v.1 is acceptable).

Could you please advice how can I create collection v.1 in Postman or may be there is any way to convert collection from v.2 into v.1?

Many thanks in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
wstock
Helper I
Helper I

I found this on Github that did the trick for me.  It'll convert V1 to V2 or V2 to V1. 

GitHub - postmanlabs/postman-collection-transformer: Perform rapid conversion and validation of JSON...

paulbeck

The custom connector now supports version 2.0 and 2.1 of Postman collections.  However, I have tried off two different tenants and the import of both 2.1 and 2.0 collection is not working.  When I attempt to upload even simple Collections that are working in postman, I see the error: Cannot read property 'getUrl' of undefined.

PowerApps-Postmanv2-1CollectionCustomConnectorBug.PNG

AlaskanPowrUser
Regular Visitor

I am having the same issue with no luck

hi Alaskan,

option 2 on this blog post is an easy option to get postman v2 or v2.1.

APIMatic provide a online SaaS service to convert a postman collection to an OpenAPI V2 so you can build your custom connector.

https://www.pbeck.co.uk/2021/08/creating-power-platform-custom.html

Pls remember to take your keys/tokens our if you have confidential info in your postman collections

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,598)