Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

Custom forms, Sharepoint list, dropdown box

Hi all,

I have a SharePoint list that has different categories and corresponding action items. The Powerapps user must be able to pick options for each and every category and once submitted, the corresponding action items need to be shown for the user. Please refer to the attached screenshot of my need. 

The Categories should possess a dropdown list from Sharepoint and once submitted, the action items to be shown in a Text box.

Thanks in Advance!!!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Re: Custom forms, Sharepoint list, dropdown box

Hi @Vignesh_2112 

You can set the "Text" property of the label to:

LookUp(DataSourceName, 'Category A'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value && 'Category B'=Dropdown2.Selected.Value && 'Category C'=Dropdown3.Selected.Value ).'Action Items'

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Vignesh_2112 

You can either do 

LookUp(DataSourceName, 'Category A'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value && 'Category B'=Dropdown2.Selected.Value && 'Category C'=Dropdown3.Selected.Value ).'Action Items'

Or if you want to show action items even when only one dropdown or two dropdowns are selected as well as the case for all three dropdowns, you can also try:

LookUp(DataSourceName, If(IsEmpty(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,true,'Category A'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value) && If(IsEmpty(Dropdown2.Selected.Value,true,'Category B'=Dropdown2.Selected.Value) && If(IsEmpty(Dropdown3.Selected.Value,true,'Category C'=Dropdown3.Selected.Value) )

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Vignesh_2112 ,

Could you please try to explain what you want to achieve step-by-step in PowerApps with the sample data?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

I don't have sample data, lemme explain as you requested,

I have a list of items in a table form, and I have populated the table with all possible combinations. This table will act as a source file for my app.

Category ACategory BCategory CAction Items
abX1
aaaX2
bbbX3
X4
aabX5
abbX6

As shown in the above source table, the Power Apps to be created where, Categories A, B & C need to be Dropdownbox for the user to select. Then once all the three categories are selected, the App should display the corresponding action items for the combination.

Thanks!!

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hi @Vignesh_2112 

You can set the "Text" property of the label to:

Hope this Helps!

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Vignesh_2112 

You can either do 

Or if you want to show action items even when only one dropdown or two dropdowns are selected as well as the case for all three dropdowns, you can also try:

LookUp(DataSourceName, If(IsEmpty(Dropdown1.Selected.Value,true,'Category A'=Dropdown1.Selected.Value) && If(IsEmpty(Dropdown2.Selected.Value,true,'Category B'=Dropdown2.Selected.Value) && If(IsEmpty(Dropdown3.Selected.Value,true,'Category C'=Dropdown3.Selected.Value) )

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Hey @Vignesh_2112 

A dropdown selection cannot be empty so the first expression that i have provided would suffice in this case.

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Power Participant
Power Participant

@Vignesh_2112 

As long as all three dropdowns are always having to be set, and as long as there is not a case when a combination of three values can overlap with more than one value @yashag2255 solution will work.

Note that LookUp returns only the first record. If you want more than one, and if you want to return those, you may need to use another function that returns a table, also possibly use a variable, then use something like ForAll to iterate through and concatenate to that variable, to for example say items X1, X2, and X3 need to be returned. The solution with LookUp will only work if you are absolutely sure, you only want the one action item corresponding with the columns, rather than multiple columns.

Highlighted
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

@Vignesh_2112 

Based on the data shared by you, this has an item where all the columns could be equal so based on different combination of the three columns, there is a value defined and the expression will pick it.

Dropdown by default selects its first item and will be changed by user accordingly.

Hope this Helps!

Highlighted
Helper I
Helper I

@yashag2255 

Thanks for the solution. It works for me in edit mode but when I play the App, the form was blank.

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Hi  @yashag2255 

Could you please have a look at my problem. PLease let know as soon as possible.

Link : https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharepoint-gt-Powerapps-gt-Outlook/m-p/45586... 

Regards,
Sanket

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,828)