cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinCoton
Regular Visitor

Custom newform.aspx not saving data back to List

Hi folks,

I've been around the forum looking for a simple answer to this one. There lots of ideas but none of them have worked despite looking identical to my problem.

We have customised the newform to include two look up lists. One defines the values available in the other.

In this case:

a "Buildings" look up to a building List

a "Rooms" Lookup to a Rooms List which is linked to the building List to create a relationship, facilitating the ability to show a Filtered set list of rooms based on the building.

This works. No issues there.

However when saving the data only the Building is updated to the List, the Room is empty.

Details.

The Building card is "building_DataCard1"

The building drop down is called "buildingValue"

Update for building_DataCard1 is currently set to "buildingValue.Selected"

The room card is "room_DataCard1"

The room dropdown is called "roomValue" (the filtered set a values)

Update for room_DataCard1 is currently set to "roomValue.Selected"

Filtering is achieved using this for Items in the roomValue dropdown:

Filter(rooms, roombuilding.Value = buildingValue.Selected.Value).Title

Given that the Update functions are the same, but only the building is submitted, where is the value from the selected Room going?

Have tried:

Using a Collection in App->OnStart in place of a direct lookup, it didn't make any difference.

Tried to use this but it threw errors - https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Save-Filtered-Lookup-Value-in-List-Custom-Fo...
And changing the room_DataCard1 Update to be {value:roomValue.Selected.Title} < "Title" is the column with the room numbers
Any suggestions or help gratefully received, I have been scratching my head over this for two weeks (on and off).

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,583)