cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Customer Success Sample App edit

I've installed the Powerapps studio but I cannot edit the "Customer Success" app. 

It's functionality has exactly what I need and wanted to look into it how it's done. 

I try to edit it in my environment but when it launches in Studio, the environment changes to my organizations default.  Which prohibits me from editing it. 

10 REPLIES 10
v-yamao-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi Adash,

I am afraid that currently Customer Success Sample app cannot be edited.

As on my side, I can only open this app in Preview. And the Permissions for this app is Can use. On both Default environment and custom environment, I got the same result.

3.PNG

Can you Customize this sample app on your side? Are you running the app on PowerApps studio for Windows or PowerApps studio for Web?

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't edit on either Studio or Web.

Do you know how the "new opportunity" section is coded in this app?

In this sample app, you pick a customer and you can add new opportunities for that specific customer. 

Any idea how this works?  I made an app and need this specific feature.

Hi Adash,

I assume that you could use NewForm function to create a new item. About NewForm control, please check this documentation for more details:
https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/tutorials/function-form/

You could add a new EditForm, say Form1, then on the screen for that specific customer, add a button and set its OnSelect property as: NewForm(Form1);Navigate(EditScreen,None).

Please try it on your side and feel free reply if you need more help.

Best regards,
Mabel Mao

Community Support Team _ Mabel Mao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
rebeccaiwasaki

I have the same issue. The PowerApps Home page says "Learn with sample apps"... but when you open the ones you want like the Customer Success sample app - all you can do is preview it. If I try to create a new app using the available "templates", Customer Success is missing! I want the same thing but cannot figure out how they created it so that I can modify/create a simliar one for my CDS. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've learned that you cannot edit that app.  For me the Budget Tracker had the function I needed where I can have multiple entries under a person.  I looked how that app made expenses show under each budget and was able to figure out my app.

Thank you for the reply. I'll try to learn from the Budget Tracker template. I think I might try each template to see what I can learn from them... maybe collectively I can figure out how to build what I really want!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Which feature are you trying to copy?

The survey which then creates the customer health graphs

and the "latest feedback" that updates the 5 stars...

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza Winner Announcement

Please join us on Wednesday, July 21st at 8a PDT. We will be announcing the Winners of the Demo Extravaganza!

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,801)