Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Customise Icon based on File type in Attachments

Hi, 

I want to customize the attachment-based on file type, 

For example if the user adds attach file with JPEG extention in power he should see JPEG icon, 

if he adds PDF then PDF icon next to file, and is it is Doc type then doc icon, 

I have icons in my media control, but I'm not sure how to use them when it comes to use based on specific file type. 

any suggestions? 

please help is appreciated thanks experts 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Helper V
Helper V

Re: Customise Icon based on File type in Attachments

In this section, we will take it as an example to insert an Outlook object as an icon to Word.

Select the outlook file that you want to insert to Word, save the file to a folder.
Open the Word document to which you want to insert files. Under “Insert” tab, click “Object” button, in the “Text” group.Click “Object” button
In the following “Object” dialogue box, select “Create from File” tab, and then click “Browse” button to find the file you want to insert.Click “Browse” button
Find the outlook file “article” in the following dialogue, and then click “Insert”. Find the outlook file “article”
And the file path will show up in the “File name” box. Then tick the “Display as icon” checkbox, we notice that a default icon is displayed as the arrow points to. In order to change the icon to one that represents outlook files more intuitively, click “Change icon”.Click “Change icon”
In the “Change Icon” dialogue, if it doesn’t have associated icons, then click “Browse”.Click “Browse”
In this example, the default file path of Outlook icons is “C:\Program Files \Microsoft Office\Office14\OUTLOOK.EXE”, and enter it in the “File name” box, and then click “OK”.Input the default file path of Outlook icons
Then a host of icons will show up in the “Icon” list, scroll down to select the icon you like. And then click “OK”.Scroll down to select the icon you like
In this way, we have inserted an Outlook object as an icon we select to Word document.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,803)