cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baaz12

Customised forms for a sharepoint list is not updating list values

Hello,

I created a customized form using PowerApps for SharePoint list and have three screens for easy management. We have three screens, screen 1-initial, screen2-details, and screen 3-decision. When a user enters the values in screen 1, the data is getting saved on the list, however, when the user maintains values in screen 2 & 3 none of the data from these two screens are saved on the list. all the fields are connected to a SharePoint list field and no custom additions are maintained.  Looking for suggestions or advise on any specific function that is controlling the validation or update such that data is filled from screen 2 as well.

regards,

Baaz

3 REPLIES 3
rmmcgr
Kudo Collector
Kudo Collector

You can submit the data from multiple forms at once with the Patch function. It can collect the updates from all the forms and then do one update to the list.

Take a look at this previous post on the forums:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Sharepoint-List-record-update-FROM-powerapps-...

v-monli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Baaz12,

By default, the custom form you created from sharepoint list should only contain 1 form on one screen. Did you add 2 other edit forms on the other 2 screens? If so, are those 3 forms contains different columns on each form? Please notice that each form would submit 1 item each time you submit the form. And to submit the item to SharePoint list, each form would need to include all the Required columns. If you have known all these things, then please make sure that these 2 forms have the submit buttons with OnSelect property set to:

SubmitForm( FormName )

If you want to have 3 screens that have different columns but to submit 1 item, use the Patch function like @rmmcgr suggested.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Baaz12

Thank you for sharing a couple of ideas. if I use a button with submit form then the data is saved but I don't like this option because a user will see two options on the form, 1 for saving and 2 for submit. I am still trying to figure out how to use patch function, may be due to several fields my patch function is not working as expected. 

The list consists of several fields and I selected few fields for the first tab(Submit Idea) and few for the other tab(Projects).  The submit form using an additional button works fine but if a user selects the standard Save button then the form is not saving any details populated by the user.

Capture.PNG

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,348)