cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndrewsVC
Regular Visitor

Customising the displayed value of a Combo Box

I have a Combo Box for a Choice column, but I'd like to change the labels to be a bit more informative.

I've attempted to use the value of the choice column to lookup another table, but I get [object Object] instead, which isn't the intended behaviour.

AndrewsVC_0-1612458104344.png

Ideally, my labels would be "Value" & First(Filter(...)) & Last(Filter(...))

So for example, I'd like the entry of the dropdown for CAN/US to show "CAN/US 0-18", or split across 2 fields if necessary (which I've been trying in the screenshot)

If necessary I could set up another table to hold label information.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@AndrewsVC 
You are on the right path with First but unfortunately you can't do this directly in the property you are using.  You'll have to AddColumns to the the table in the items property instead.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mdevaney
Super User
Super User

@AndrewsVC 
You are on the right path with First but unfortunately you can't do this directly in the property you are using.  You'll have to AddColumns to the the table in the items property instead.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,348)