Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Applicable88
Helper II
Helper II

Customize Form duplicate and error message

Hello,

I'm using both a PowerApp Input Mask and in that Sharepoint List I also use a customize form.

In the PowerApp Input Mask I'm using something to check for duplicate ProductID. That duplicate check will

be activated when clicking on the submit button:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(SharepointList; ProductID=DataCardValue1.Text));
SubmitForm(Form2);;NewForm(Form2);
Notify("ProductID already in the list";NotificationType.Error);
SetFocus(DataCardValue1))

Since the custom form has an own "save" and "edit" button I tried to put that same formula into the 

"SharePoint Integration" Part where there is a Action called "OnSave", which apparently is the describe the actions clicking on the "Save" button.

This time I just used:

If(IsBlank(LookUp(SharepointList; ProductID=DataCardValue1.Text));
SubmitForm(SharePointForm1));
Notify("ProductID already in the list";NotificationType.Error);
SetFocus(DataCardValue1))

Basically I thought the save button can replaced a submit button I have in the original PowerApp, but instead nothing happens.  What did I do wrong here?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Applicable88 ,

please check the name of the form inside sharepoint integration. I might be different from the one you invoked in submit formula.

the form control has most probably a different name.

Hope it helps !

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
gabibalaban
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@Applicable88 ,

please check the name of the form inside sharepoint integration. I might be different from the one you invoked in submit formula.

the form control has most probably a different name.

Hope it helps !

@gabibalaban thank you very much, I'm still somehow think that I put the same formula in their yesterday... but today it suddenly works out. Thanks for reminding me that sometimes there are little but crucial reference mistakes. 

Best regards. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,773)