Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Power_Dude
Resolver I
Resolver I

Customize Model Driven Activities

Hi,

I'm trying to create my first Model Driven app. When I for example choose to send an email (activity), can I change the "To" field to lookup in a different custom created entity instead? Or do I have to use the "Contact" entity.
If this is not possible, is it possible to make it only lookup in the "Contact" entity and not "Users" and "Queues" etc. ?

I have been trying to google it but cant find anything. I'm also working in a Norwegian solution so finding the right words to google is not always that easy 😅

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Power_Dude 

The To Column in dataverse is a special type called party list and you can't change the types that appear in it like removing Users and Queues but yes you can link a custom entity to it.

To enable a custom entity/table to appear on the To field:

Open the Entity -> Settings-> Set the Field Send Email to Table = Yes; Save and Publish your table, this will create a new email address field in your entity / table

Mira_Ghaly_0-1624706902932.png

Mira_Ghaly_1-1624707022020.png

Now if you try to create email activity; you can see your custom table in the To:

Mira_Ghaly_2-1624707281759.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Mira_Ghaly
Dual Super User II
Dual Super User II

@Power_Dude 

The To Column in dataverse is a special type called party list and you can't change the types that appear in it like removing Users and Queues but yes you can link a custom entity to it.

To enable a custom entity/table to appear on the To field:

Open the Entity -> Settings-> Set the Field Send Email to Table = Yes; Save and Publish your table, this will create a new email address field in your entity / table

Mira_Ghaly_0-1624706902932.png

Mira_Ghaly_1-1624707022020.png

Now if you try to create email activity; you can see your custom table in the To:

Mira_Ghaly_2-1624707281759.png

If this post helps you with your problem, please mark your as Accepted solution.If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Blog: here

View solution in original post

@Mira_Ghaly  Thanks! This works great. But I think I will rename the Contact entity to a preferred name, create custom columns and make all contacts available for entire organisation (which I hope is possible via security roles)

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

secondImage

Power Apps Community Call

Please join us on Wednesday, October 20th, at 8a PDT. Come and learn from our amazing speakers!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,411)