cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpoppe
Helper II
Helper II

Customize Sharepoint Forms: 'Created by' and 'Modified by' are not filled correctly

Hi,

I have a problem with customized SharePoint Forms with PowerApps.  When users add or modify items in the SharePoint list, the 'created by' or 'modified by' fields contain the user of the data source connection, not the user that is logged in.

This is really not good, since we need to be able to track who added/modified list items.

Is there a way to have the user that is logged on entered in those system fields?

Any help on this would be much appreciated!

Miriam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @WarrenBelz,

The problem is solved.  I created the app, but the SharePoint connection uses another account.  When I ran the app with my name, the username of the connection appeared in the created by and modified by fields of the sharepoint item I created/modified.  After sharing the app to other users, I noticed that their usernames got into the fields.  So the problem occurs only if I run the app as being the owner of it with a different user in the connection. 

Thanks,

Miriam 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @mpoppe ,

Are you modifying this directly (Patch or SubmitForm()) or with a Flow? Directly should reflect the user logged into Power Apps.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi @mpoppe ,

Just checking if you got the result you were looking for on this thread. Happy to help further if not.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Hi, 

No, I didn't find a solution yet.

Thanks,

Miriam

Hi @WarrenBelz ,

This issue is not solved.  I don't use Flow, but submitform() in the app.

My datsource is a sharepoint connection, and all items have created by and modified by as the user in this connection, not the user that is logged into powerapps.  

Thanks,

Miriam

@mpoppe ,

I have just looked through a list of mine done in the field (new records) and every one is created/modified by the person logged in.

Are you sure there is not a Flow running somewhere?

Hi @WarrenBelz,

The problem is solved.  I created the app, but the SharePoint connection uses another account.  When I ran the app with my name, the username of the connection appeared in the created by and modified by fields of the sharepoint item I created/modified.  After sharing the app to other users, I noticed that their usernames got into the fields.  So the problem occurs only if I run the app as being the owner of it with a different user in the connection. 

Thanks,

Miriam 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (77,705)