Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcmoe
Frequent Visitor

Customize Sharepoint Online Form Parent-Child Lookup field

Hello,

i have 2 Sharepoint Lists (SPO).

List Project and List Tasks

A Project can have multiple tasks, so we have a lookup column in the tasks list for project.

Now i want to customize the new/edit/dispform for the projectlist to show also the task list entries for the project.

I want to have possibility to add/edit/delete entries from the task list in the project list form. 

All in normal browser.

Is this possible with powerapp to customize the forms for Sharepoint?

Regards

Marc

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcmoe ,

Do you want to custom a form for your Project SP list using PowerApps?

Further, do you want to display related Task list reocrds when you display a specific Project reocrd? Do you want to create three separated forms to new/edit/display project record?

If you want to create three separated forms to new/edit/display project record, please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

In addition, I also agree with @Anonymous 's thought almost. You could consider take a try to configure your custom form into a Tablet layout as below:1.JPG

then add a Gallery control at the right within the screen as above. Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:

Filter(YourTaskList, LookUpColumn.ID = SharePointIntegration.Selected.ID) 

Note: You could also consider take a try to add extra Edit forms in your app to new/edit/delete reocrds from your Task SP list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@marcmoe 

Marc, you are in the right place!  PowerApps will allow you to do all of that and much more.

In this case, your only real choice will be - make an App or customize the SharePoint forms.  Either way will provide what you need.  One is more portable and can be a bit friendlier (the App) the other will fit nicely into what you and your users already use (the customize).

Good luck and post back if you get stuck on things...plenty of folks here to lend a hand.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

Hello,

thanks for your reply.

I have created a sharepoint List (custom list) projects. 

I have created list tasks. In the task list there is a "lookup" for projects.

So i have the relationship using the lookup column. 

Now i want to create a sharepoint formular (dispform and editform) with powerapps which is showing the project and also the tasks for the project (filtered on lookup field).

I have added a "gallery" and added the tasks list as datasource. But i can not figure out the correct way to filter the tasks 😞

Anybody can help, maybe has some examples?

Also there is no easy way to add some kind of tabbing out of the box?

In the real project here we have one "master list" with multiple lookup columns to sublists.

So we have to present a lot of data on the form, tab would be great.

Regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I have done this a few times! In your Tasks List you would have a Lookup to the Projects List. When you create the PowerApps to customize the Project Edit/Disp Form, you can bring in a Gallery of the Task Lists - you would set the items to something like

Filter(TaskList, ProjectColumn.ID = SharePointIntegration.Selected.ListItemID) 

Here's some more info on the SharePoint Integration

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/sharepoint-form-integration

@Anonymous spot on for the example!

@marcmoe as for the Tabs...take a search through this forum, there has been that subject a few times.  There is no out-of-the-box solution for it, but it's pretty easy to implement.  Also, take a look over at Shane Young's recent video on Tabs, that might be helpful also.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!
v-xida-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @marcmoe ,

Do you want to custom a form for your Project SP list using PowerApps?

Further, do you want to display related Task list reocrds when you display a specific Project reocrd? Do you want to create three separated forms to new/edit/display project record?

If you want to create three separated forms to new/edit/display project record, please check and see if the following blog would help in your scenario:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/separate-custom-forms/

In addition, I also agree with @Anonymous 's thought almost. You could consider take a try to configure your custom form into a Tablet layout as below:1.JPG

then add a Gallery control at the right within the screen as above. Set the Items property of the Gallery control to following formula:

Filter(YourTaskList, LookUpColumn.ID = SharePointIntegration.Selected.ID) 

Note: You could also consider take a try to add extra Edit forms in your app to new/edit/delete reocrds from your Task SP list.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

vtamas

Hello,

Thanks for sharing this, exactely what I was looking for. However, I have an issue. I cannot figure out how to add a different (=other than the list that the form customization is connected) data source to the Gallery. I can only select the existing datasource which is in the SharePointIntegration, and I have no option the add a new data source. @marcmoe and @v-xida-msft How did you add YourTaskList as datasource to your Gallery when the form is on YourProjectList?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (53,551)