cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Customize form opens with wrong list

I have a site collection TEST containing a list in the subsite. I configured the form using "Customize Form" in Power App.

Afterwards a colleague copied the list via PNP Powershell to another site collection QA (not expecting the form to come along, only the columns and views). Now I want to configure the form again, doing some changes, but everytime Power App opens, it is connected to the list on TEST (even if I click on "back to sharepoint" the TEST list opens, not the QA list).

So why is that? And how can I make the Form open with the correct list?

2 REPLIES 2
Super User
Super User

Re: Customize form opens with wrong list

I am surprised the Power Apps custom came with when you copied the list. As far as I know that isn't supported. When you go into the list setting of the QA list does the Form settings indicate that there is a Power Apps custom form? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Highlighted

Re: Customize form opens with wrong list

Well, the form itself did not come along - but as it seems a link to the form on the other site collection. Somehow a reference was set and copied unknowingly.

As for the Form settings: it shows SharePoint default form - and trying to create a new item or edit an item, it really shows the default form and not the customized one.

If I hover over the link to "customize in PowerApp" an app id is already displayed - and it seems this is the same as the app id in test

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,351)