cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arr1127
Frequent Visitor

Customize new form with options based on selection

I’d like to create a SharePoint custom new form that displays different information based on the users selection. For example if someone selects the option to adjust their day off for another day, I’d like the form to then display options related to that. How would I create this using power apps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arr1127 :

Could you describe "display options related to that" in detail ?(In what control are these options? Which data source does its data come from? What does it have to do with the date selected by the user? In what control does the user select the date? What is the data source of the control?What is the relationship between the date selected by the user and the options of another control?)

I assume that the user selects a date through a dropdown(DropdownA), and another dropdown control(DropdownA), provides different options according to the date selected by the user.The key is to use the selection of DropDownA to filter the data source of DropDownB.I'v made a test for your reference

1\DropdownA

Items

["Date1","Date2","Date3"]

2\

Item

Switch(
    DropdownA.SelectedText.Value,
    "Date1",
    [
        "Option1",
        "Option2"
    ],
    "Date2",
    [
        "OptionA",
        "OptionB"
    ],
    "Date3",
    [
        "Option!",
        "Option@"
    ]
)

50.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-bofeng-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @arr1127 :

Could you describe "display options related to that" in detail ?(In what control are these options? Which data source does its data come from? What does it have to do with the date selected by the user? In what control does the user select the date? What is the data source of the control?What is the relationship between the date selected by the user and the options of another control?)

I assume that the user selects a date through a dropdown(DropdownA), and another dropdown control(DropdownA), provides different options according to the date selected by the user.The key is to use the selection of DropDownA to filter the data source of DropDownB.I'v made a test for your reference

1\DropdownA

Items

["Date1","Date2","Date3"]

2\

Item

Switch(
    DropdownA.SelectedText.Value,
    "Date1",
    [
        "Option1",
        "Option2"
    ],
    "Date2",
    [
        "OptionA",
        "OptionB"
    ],
    "Date3",
    [
        "Option!",
        "Option@"
    ]
)

50.gif

Best Regards,

Bof

View solution in original post

This is exactly what I was looking for, when you selection one option it displays different options based on the first selection. Thank you!!

Hi @v-bofeng-msft ,

hate to be a bother but I am extremely new to all of this and although you’ve shown me exactly what I’m looking to accomplish, I’m not sure where I insert this formula, are you able to assist with that? Or have a resource for me to check out with this info? 

thank you! 

Hi @arr1127 :

Please set the control's Items property

1.JPG

Best Regards,

Bof

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,321)