cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
staceylaney
Advocate I
Advocate I

Customizing Forms from SharePoint List Not Showing Changes

This seems to be the same exact issue that was reported on previous thread (https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Sharepoint-List-Custom-Form-not-showing-chan...).  I've tried the "solution" that worked for that user of switching the form in the form settings and switching back, but that did not work.

Basically, whenever I use the "Customize Forms" option from a SharePoint Online list (twice now), I can customize the form in PowerApps, Save, then Publish, but after a couple of changes and republishing, my changes stop being published and I've had to completely delete and redo the forms to get it working again, but then it starts happening AGAIN which is tremendously frustrating because it seems that just when I get to the point of getting the form customized and changed just right, the changes stop showing on the published form.  So, I've added 8 additional fields/columns onto my View form and have also changed the multiline text box to PlainText so that the "<div>" tag is removed, and while in PowerApps and reviewing the form ALL CHANGES SHOW CORRECTLY.  However, once I publish, the changes are NOT on the published form.  I've even gone in and deleted previous versions of the form in case there were some weird caching issues, but still the "LIVE"/published form does not match when I'm editing and the changes made.  See images.

Complaint Form - View Form from SharePoint.pngComplaint Form - View Form from PowerApps.png

I've reported this before without any resolution, and it's becoming a problem.  I'd prefer to not have to always create a canvas app and would like to simply customize the SharePoint form which SHOULD be simpler and quicker, but this option has become more time consuming than a canvas app due to trying to troubleshoot this not working.

This seems to ONLY happen when I use the "Customize Forms" option from the SharePoint list.  If I create a new canvas app from scratch and use a SharePoint list as the data source (I have several of these), it does NOT happen and the PowerApps form works fine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

This has been resolved via Microsoft ticket.

The issue was that while I had separate New, View and Edit forms setup in PowerApps, each of the forms settings (OnNew, OnView, OnEdit) required a "Navigate" function.  See attached BEFORE and AFTER screenshots.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @staceylaney ,

Apart from saying I have never experienced this and customize a form of some type almost daily (and I know this is not helpful to you other than to say there is something possibly wrong with your environment), have you tried restoring previous versions?

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

I use custom forms for SharePoint all the time and I have seen a similar issue but I have always been able to resolve it by refreshing my SharePoint browser window many times. One thing I started doing that might help is that I add a label to the form and give it a version number. I make sure I increase the version number before I save and publish. This way I am able to tell when I open the form in SharePoint if I am getting the latest version. This has saved me time because if I don't see the latest version number I know the issue is with the browser caching and not the changes I made.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.
nmilligan5400
Frequent Visitor

When this happens, try clearing your web browser's cache or use an incognito browser window prior to checking for your published form changes.

I tried adding a label, but that is not showing on the published version either

Just tried both - changes still do not show

Hi @staceylaney ,

Have you tried another browser to see if the issue is a cache or similar?

Yes, I have.

I have a Microsoft ticket open and they are looking into the issue.  Will update with the outcome.

This has been resolved via Microsoft ticket.

The issue was that while I had separate New, View and Edit forms setup in PowerApps, each of the forms settings (OnNew, OnView, OnEdit) required a "Navigate" function.  See attached BEFORE and AFTER screenshots.

View solution in original post

Thank you for this! Was looking all over the internet for this simple script and you have saved my sanity!

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,029)