cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
stiwari
Level: Powered On

Customizing default sharepoint form in powerapps doesn't save after publishing to sharepoint

Previously I was using a sharepoint default form to send a request to my client. I was always able to fill all the fields in default form(fields being appointment type, reason, requested date, due date) and send it to client approval by workflow that was operating after 'Save' and it was working. However when I tried to customize my form using powerapps by adding one dynamic textfield that calculates the difference in the due and requested dates excluding holidays and weekends, my form doesn't save in sharepoint and I get a message like 'There was a problem saving your changes. The data source may be invalid.'

When I checked out the data source, it was all good. Each field especially required fields of my form has been given correct values. I don't understand where I am going wrong.

Is there any way of debugging this? How can I check out the json after the form submits and throws error? Or is my approach wrong?

1 REPLY 1
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Customizing default sharepoint form in powerapps doesn't save after publishing to sharepoint

Hi @stiwari,

It is true that we do not have such debugging tool in Power Apps so far. I have found the idea below, you could vote there:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/PowerApps-Debugger-Needed/idi-p/38704

Additionally, you could also take use of some other tools to help troubleshooting:

F12 developing tools (if used PowerApps studio web version),

Or Fiddler web debugger tool.

You may also share the errors and formula that used, so that we could make some tests for further investigation.

Hope this can be helpful.

Best Regards,

Yumia

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Coming Soon: T-Shirt Design Contest

Keep your eyes open for our upcoming T-shirt design contest!

thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (6,485)