Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gorilla_8
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

DEEP LINKING AND SHOWING THE VARIABLE GLOBAL THE ITEM

Hey guys, I have two SharePoint list with LookUp

But, I wanna show the ID on a Approval Link on Flow, I got to get the screen, but when I try to show a gallery with the ID, I can't.

So, here some screenshots: 

First, I got a gallery with a filter by the creator (working), like below:

gallery.png

And when he clicks on the item ( show this):

secongagalleryshowingata.png

On top I have several labels and each one with a variable showing the data correctly

like this:

showindthe seelctedreprot.png

And at the bottom I have a gallery with this formula:

gallery_second.png

So, here the issue I wanna fix it, I wanna send a link to the user, by showing the ID and the all the data like this on top.

I tried, but he doesn't show the data.

So, if anyone can help me, thanks very much! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for referring my video @KrishnaV !

@Gorilla_8  - 

I think what you might be missing is some logic in your OnStart() property.  It looks like you are using a variable called SelectedReport to set the item to show.  In your OnStart() you'll need a formula like so to make sure that SelectedReport Variable is filled in:

If(!IsBlank(Param("ID")), Set(SelectedReport, Lookup(your data source, ID = Param("ID")));Navigate(Go to the screen in your app)

This is assuming you are passing in the ID of the item in your query string.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
KrishnaV
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

Sincere apologies for late in reply, below link would help you how you can implement these deep linking in PowerApps, this was created by a reputed Power Apps MVP @aprildunnam .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZyxlYtzqTQ

If you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
Krishna
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more.

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Hi @KrishnaV .

Thanks for the reply, I know this girl rocks!

But I dont get because my app don't show any data....

Just that...

Thanks for referring my video @KrishnaV !

@Gorilla_8  - 

I think what you might be missing is some logic in your OnStart() property.  It looks like you are using a variable called SelectedReport to set the item to show.  In your OnStart() you'll need a formula like so to make sure that SelectedReport Variable is filled in:

If(!IsBlank(Param("ID")), Set(SelectedReport, Lookup(your data source, ID = Param("ID")));Navigate(Go to the screen in your app)

This is assuming you are passing in the ID of the item in your query string.

I hope this helps

View solution in original post

Hi @aprildunnam !

Thanks for the reply!

Just a question....

Would you be able to create an item from the outside to open the ID?

As a link added to a flow approval.

Like this:

LINK.png

Can you explain what you're trying to do a bit more so I can understand? My assumption was that you had a Power App and were submitting new items inside the app. I assumed you had a Flow that routed the item through approval after it was created. It seems like you are wanting to link to the submitted item in the Power App from Flow. Please let me know if I'm understanding correctly.

Yes, @aprildunnam , thats correct, If is possible, or to get the link by clicking the button on powerapps.

Thanks for the help!

How is your Flow being triggered? Are you calling it from Power Apps or is it triggered directly from the data source? It's really as simple as clicking on the details of your Power App and copying the URL.  Just put an ?ID= at the end of that URL and then dynamically pass in the ID of your item after that.  So if you are executing the Flow from your Power App then you would pass that into Flow as a parameter.  If you are executing it from your data source then you will just map it to the ID field in your trigger.

Hi @aprildunnam !

Thank you very very much for the reply and help! 

You are awesome!

And you too @KrishnaV you help me a lot, on my posts! Thanks!

Hi @Gorilla_8 ,

I am very glad that I can help you with your issues. This time I am more than happy because you got help from one of the best MVP in Power Apps community @aprildunnam .

Regards,

Krishna

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP, Microsoft Certified Trainer
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,309)