Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Racheli
Helper V
Helper V

DFO to CDS - Data integration

Hey there all!

I made an entity in CDS that integrate data from DFO (I did that through the admin centre.)

In scheduling, I did recur every 1 day at 06:00.

Racheli_0-1598442815110.png

So the data will be refreshed every day, but do I need to refresh the entity too, in the power app?

And if I export the solution with this entity to other environments will the data recur there too?

Thanks   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Racheli ,

I believe you can. In order to be able to create a Data Integration project you need to:

• Create a connection for each service (CDS and DFO).
  • Create a connection set between these 2 services.
  • Create a data integration project using a template (existing or custom one).

In this sense you need to either chose the appropriate Template to establish the flow of data, or create one that best suits your needs. In the example bellow we can see that there exist Templates for integration from DFO to CDS:

rimatos_0-1599120358604.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
rimatos
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hi @Racheli ,

In terms of the entity refresh if I'm not mistaken, is only needed whenever you preform changes to the entity itself.

If you export the entity to another environment you will need to generate another connection set for the environments where this was exported into, so you can run the project for this connection set.

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

Hey,

I think I didn't quite understand your answer.

I think I wasn't accurate; please let me explain myself again.

There is a table in the DFO and I import it and made changes or have created new data.

Now, I would like to that this table will sync every 1 hour (just like 'scheduling' in data integration in the admin centre).

So, if I'll go later to DFO I'll find the new table what the new data.

I succeded to pull data from the DFO to CDS:

Racheli_0-1598871285100.png

The question is if I can do the opposite direction?

Hope new it's better.

Thanks 

Hi @Racheli ,

I believe you can. In order to be able to create a Data Integration project you need to:

• Create a connection for each service (CDS and DFO).
  • Create a connection set between these 2 services.
  • Create a data integration project using a template (existing or custom one).

In this sense you need to either chose the appropriate Template to establish the flow of data, or create one that best suits your needs. In the example bellow we can see that there exist Templates for integration from DFO to CDS:

rimatos_0-1599120358604.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-platform/admin/data-integrator

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,908)