cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marnami2526
Frequent Visitor

Daily basis booking application

Hi all,

I'm very new to PowerApp and struggling with code now.

First of all I'm still in developing mode and no peers can help me at this stage.

I've successfully created a simple form that people can submit their bookings and data is shown in sharepoint list but somehow i just wonder if any code to apply to delete the list out or reset the form as people will need to submit the request on a daily basis.

Also, I want to prevent people to book their name on many rounds. I've set Name as the unique key but don't know what code to apply to alert user when they press submit button.

Lastly is there any suggestion if I want to specific number of people to 10 per round?

I know these are soooo many questions but I just try to search all topics created here and didn't find the right one.

Thanks so much!

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuxima-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Marnami2526 ,

Could you please share more details about your data source ?

And could you please share more details of controls in your app?

And do you want to limit the user to submit more than 10 times ?

I think you can try as next:

App. OnStart:Set(VSUBMIT,0)

Then Submit.OnSelect:

SubmitForm(Form1);Set(VSUBMIT,VSUBMIT+1);If(VSUBMIT=10,Notify("You have submit 10 times!"),Error)

Submit.Visible:If(VSUBMIT<10,true)

Hope this could be helpful.

Best Regards.

Yumia

Hi @v-yuxima-msft 

Thanks for your reply!

I use sharepoint online to store data after people filling in. 

To give you more details on my app, I'll need to create an app for people to book a seat in company van which being limited at 10 per round. I'm now up to;

1. limit people to 10 

[ guess i can use count if and disable button]

2. prevent people to double book their name in many round

[understood that disabled button after click would be solution]

3. allow people to enter the app on specific time

[guess i can use UpdateContext({ButtonVisible:false,StartTimer: true, InitialTime: Now() });Collect(DataCollection,{StartTime:Text(InitialTime,"[$-en-US]mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm:ss"),Title:User().FullName}) as in this post]

4. auto set log-in people as passenger name

[i am now using this If(bookingform.Mode=FormMode.New,{'@odata.type': "#Microsoft.Azure.Connectors.SharePoint.SPListExpandedUser",DisplayName:User().FullName},Parent.Default)]

Actualy i have many but doesn't reach that stage. Sorry to bother you but i have no peer that i can run to 😞

Thanks so much in advance!!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,595)