cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Resolver II
Resolver II

Daily step counter app structure advice

Hi all,

Not a specific problem, just wondering if anyone had some ideas that could set me off in the right direction with an app I need to build.

Our workplace is running a challenge, where each of the 150 employees (divided into 8 teams) will log their daily steps into an app for two months.

I will be using SharePoint as the data source and my thinking was to have an item for each participant with columns for name, team number and a separate column for each day of the challenge, into which each day's step counts will be patched. I understand, though, that when doing a patch, column names can not be dynamic so I will need to have a separate textinput and formula for each day of the challenge...61 in total! 😮 

An I right in my thinking? Does anyone know of a smarter way of doing this?

Many thanks!

Joel

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

I would make this two lists

List 1 Team that has the team information

List 2 Team Steps: includes a lookup to team, the date, and step total.

so when you patch the daily step totals, create a new record in list 2 for the team steps.

you can the display this Ina gallery just like it was on one list

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User
Super User

I would make this two lists

List 1 Team that has the team information

List 2 Team Steps: includes a lookup to team, the date, and step total.

so when you patch the daily step totals, create a new record in list 2 for the team steps.

you can the display this Ina gallery just like it was on one list

View solution in original post

Microsoft
Microsoft

Yes, creating 2 list is a  good idea and you can create an APP directly from List 2 for users to input the data. 

Resolver II
Resolver II

Thank you @jlindstrom and @ajdhingr. Great idea and just what I needed. I've gone for a central list to hold the team and team member details and a list each for the 8 teams creating a new item per person per day for step counts.

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Mark your calendars and join us for the next Power Apps Community Call on January 20th, 8a PST

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,041)