cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Dark borders not visible on clicked button

I have buttons on the top of my form that represents the days of the week so that an employee can click on the relevant day that they want to fill out, I darken the borders of each buttons for when they click on a particular button they know which they they are filling out but when they want to actually fill out the form the dark borders disappear. How do I keep the dark borders from disappearing.

when the start by clicking on the page you see the dark borderswhen the start by clicking on the page you see the dark bordersOnce you start working on the page the border disappearsOnce you start working on the page the border disappears

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Re: Dark borders not visible on clicked button

Don't worry about adding a number to the end of the variable name. The same variable can be used for all buttons. That way you only need to reset one variable to clear all black borders.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hello @SandraAkujobi,

You could consider using a variable for this.

Set a variable on each of your buttons. You could do this by using the same formula for the OnSelect property on all buttons.

Set(varSelectedDay, Self.Text)

Then set the following formula for the BorderColor property on each of your buttons:

If(varSelectedDay = Self.Text, Black, Self.Fill)

Finally, you could clear the variable when you submit the form by setting the variable to blank:

Set(varSelectedDay, Blank())

Hope this helps!

Joel

Highlighted
Super User
Super User

You can follow theses processes;

OnSelect of the button, set a variable;

Set(selectedbutton,true)

Then in the BorderColor property;

If(selectedbutton, Black, Green)

I would rather suggest you use the formula on the Fill property.

But if your preference is the border, that is fine.

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

to clear the variable where exactly should I put that formula. 

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Hi @SandraAkujobi,

The OnSuccess property of your form would be a good spot

Joel

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

I've done it all and it's still showing the same outcome like before. I've set a variable for all buttons but nothing seemed to change. when I click on a field on the form the dark border still disappears , not when I click onto another day button.

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

That's unusual! Could you please share with us the formula you use on your BorderColor property for your buttons?

Also check your other Border-related properties to see if any other formulas are affecting it

Joel

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

This is the formula used for all the buttons, I put a number after each of the days, so Monday is VARSelectedDay1 and for Tuesday would be VARSelectedDay1 and so on till the end of the week.  

Below is an image that displays that.

Screenshot (269).png

Highlighted
Resolver I
Resolver I

Don't worry about adding a number to the end of the variable name. The same variable can be used for all buttons. That way you only need to reset one variable to clear all black borders.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Post Patron
Post Patron

Thank so much that worked out well.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Users online (4,209)