cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AdamH
Helper V
Helper V

Dashboard Style Reporting

I'd like to get my head around some basic reporting within the PowerApp I'm building.

The App itself is a staff database around staff development.

I have some fields within the PowerApp that I would like to have a Dashboard style page report on.

The first two being:

Each staff record has an 'Active' drop down field that has Yes / No option. My first two would be How many Active Staff do we have & How many Inactive staff do we have and report back a figure like the picture below.

dashboard1.png

When a user selects; for example, 'Total Active Staff', I want this to navigate to a new window & gallery to show those results. 

Thanks 🙂

oh and a shout out to @WarrenBelz for taking the time out of his evening and helping me solve a problem that was sending me to an early grave!  

18 REPLIES 18

@RandyHayes 

The error I get on the Dashboard Screen is:

2021-03-20 09_15_47-Window.png

Also:

2021-03-20 09_18_37-Window.png

and the error I get on Dashboardreport1 is:

2021-03-20 09_20_18-Window.png

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@AdamH 

Ah, so you are using the same variable in other places with dissimilar record schemas.  Where else are you trying to set glbCurrentRecord?  It should ONLY be set on the DashBoard Gallery OnSelect.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

@RandyHayes 

I have fixed:

Set(glbCurrentRecord,ThisItem);Navigate(DashboardReport1)

&

glbCurrentRecord.Items

& added the little bonus you gave me of: glbCurrentRecord.Title & " Report"

The only problem that still exists is that my current Detail Screen and Edit Screen use BrowseGallery1 which was the original app gallery made by PowerApps. 

When I navigate from Dashboard to Dashboard Report Gallery and then from there to use the original Detail and Edit screens?

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@AdamH 

Yes, so those editforms should have an Item property based on the Gallery you are selecting from - your Dashboard Report Gallery.  
I believe that was Gallery2 - so, Gallery2.Selected

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

Currently the Detail and Edit form have the Item of BrowseGallery1.Selected which is the original gallery. 

Is there a way of having BrowseGallery1 and Gallery2 . selected??

@WarrenBelz 

Inviting you for comment on my last post. Your views would be appreciated

@AdamH ,

Not much I can add to @RandyHayes 's already detailed contribution.

@AdamH 

I explained that it would be set to the glbCurrentRecord variable. You would only be setting this variable with the same record type as your datasource and then your Detail and Edit form would use that variable on the Item property.

Is there any issue with getting that to work?

@RandyHayes 

I've sent you a quick message.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (3,099)