cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
dyee4614
Helper V
Helper V

Data Available on Web but not App

I just ran into a very odd bug.  I built an app that has been working for awhile.  I saved a second copy of the app as V2 and made the necessary updates then published the app.  I had no problem viewing the data after posting.  However, at least two my of users were not having the data tables load even though they had access to the folder.  When I had them log into the web version, everything was fine and it was visible but it did not work in the app.  

 

After logging into the web version and closing out then reopening the app, it was visible on the app itself.  What could cause this? 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
a-ovbord
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dyee4614,

 

To check if I understood correctly what you did:

- you had an app that worked fine

- you saved a new version of the app after some changes and published this version

- you had no issues with your user inside this last version

- however 2 other users were not having table data loaded

 

For these 2 users, the workaround you found was to log them into the web version, close it, then log them into the phone version and all was well?

 

You said they had access to the data. What is the data source please?

Were they having these issues only on the mobile?

Is it still happening or was it an isolated event?

 

Since this was isolated to those 2 users, the only thing I can think of could be some sort of permission issues, although if they could see the data in the web version that would rule this out.

 

Thank you,

Ovidiu

 

 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
a-ovbord
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @dyee4614,

 

To check if I understood correctly what you did:

- you had an app that worked fine

- you saved a new version of the app after some changes and published this version

- you had no issues with your user inside this last version

- however 2 other users were not having table data loaded

 

For these 2 users, the workaround you found was to log them into the web version, close it, then log them into the phone version and all was well?

 

You said they had access to the data. What is the data source please?

Were they having these issues only on the mobile?

Is it still happening or was it an isolated event?

 

Since this was isolated to those 2 users, the only thing I can think of could be some sort of permission issues, although if they could see the data in the web version that would rule this out.

 

Thank you,

Ovidiu

 

 

@a-ovbordYour understanding is correct.  They did have access to the data file which was a onedrive excel folder.  The issue was only on the mobile. 

 

You were correct, it was a permission issue.  I'm not sure why but suddenly everyone lost permission to the data set and had to reapprove the "give power apps access" pop up.  However, this pop up didn't appear on the web version.  

 

 

 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on June 15, 2022 at 8am PDT.

PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

PA.JPG

New Release Planning Portal (Preview)

Check out our new release planning portal, an interactive way to plan and prepare for upcoming features in Power Platform.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,007)