Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GuyBoswell
Advocate II
Advocate II

Data Cards on Display Form overlap

Hi All

I am building a straight forward details screen to display data from a SharePoint list

I added a display form

Display form set to one column

I added data fields one at a time to get data cards in the order I want, both on the canvas and in the tree view.

Data card value on first data card does not show because the data card is not tall enough

I set DataCard.Height = DataCardValue.Y+DataCardValue.Height but nothing changes.

I have 28 data cards in total.  They are a mixture of short text, long text, Yes/No, dates and currency.

Going down the screen some of the data values show fine, some of them are hidden behind the next card down.

I haven't tried to do anything clever, no hiden data cards or conditional formating, just a straight out of the box display form

What do I do to display all of the controls in each data card?

I haven't yet changed any characteristics of the DataCardValues or the DataCardLabels, although I will need to do that, e.g. to make the labels plain English instead of column headings and make the data card value boxes big enough to display long text.

I have tried with both a tablet template and a phone template.  They both behave the same.  The only difference I can see is the Y values for all the data cards on the phone form are multiples of 73 whereas the Y values for all the data cards on the tablet form are multiples of 59.  On both forms if I change the Y value for a data card it immediately reverts to the original number

Any help gratefully received

Thank you

Guy

10 REPLIES 10
JR-BejeweledOne
Super User
Super User

"What do I do to display all of the controls in each data card?",    I want to make sure I understand this question here.   It reads as though you have multiple controls in each data card.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Yes, by default a display datacard has a key and a value.  An edit data card has those and a star, an error message and possibly other controls (I think there are about eight if it is a date field).

I can control the height of the form but I can't find a way to control the height of the datacard and sometimes the controls on the datacard are taller than the datacard so don't all show.

A seperator with Y = Parent.Height-Self.Height sometimes cut straight through the middle of the data

Sorry for the confusion, I was asking if you had added additional controls to your data cards.  Each data card has 4 default fields:  StarVisible (the required asterisk), ErrorMessage, DataCardValue (the control, label, date etc.) and the DataCardKey (the field name).   

By default they normally are spaced just right and if there are too many data cards in the form to fit onto the screen, you should have a scroll bar.  

It could be something has gotten corrupted in your form.   What you can try is add a blank screen and add a new form with all your fields.   Don't worry about the order here, you are just looking to see if it behaves differently than the form that is having problems.   Set it to the same datasource and item property of the main form.

If you like this post, give it a Thumbs up. If it answered your question, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

No, I don't have anything additional, I get this on a form straight out of the box.

Is there a DataCard.Height?  Or is the height of the data card always supposed to be the maximum needed to display all the elements on the data card?  It regularly doesn't work correctly.

There is a data card height, but I haven't yet needed to change it.   I haven't experienced what you are seeing.   I just checked on of my dev forms and the data cards are all the same height and are properly distributed on the form.  Nothing overlaps or is hiding anything else.

You said you get this on a gallery straight out of the box, did you mean form?

Whoops!  Yes, I meant Display and Edit Forms.

Lol, no worries, just checking.

As I was perusing the forum, I ran across someone else's topic on a similar subject.   One thing you can do in the data cards that are too large, is check the height of the ErrorMessage.    That could be part of the problem.

Thanks JR.  You don't get an error message on DIsplay Forms, only on Edit Forms, but I get the same problem on both

Is everything in your form default?   Snap to columns, etc.?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,564)