cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kdillon
Regular Visitor

Data Entry Form for Office Stats - Is Powerapps the Right Solution for me?

I'm trying to come up with a solution for my company. At the end of each day our front desk sends out a "daily stats" email from each one of our offices. It consists of about 50 fields that they manually type into an email and send out. Things like number of patients seen for each discipline, cancels, new patients, etc. 

kdillon_1-1618514660824.png

I want to essentially aggregate all this data in a table/database so I can run reports on it - track new patients over time for each office, etc. I think the easiest way is to just have the front desk enter the information into a form that logs it into sharepoint (lists). I tried using the lists feature on MS teams but the data entry field there is really messy:

kdillon_0-1618513988886.png

So I was looking to clean it up with powerapps. I had powerapps automagically generate a form based on the list that got me close but tweaking has become extremely time consuming and there are a few issues I'm not sure how to resolve, like the massive amount of white space (my app only shows like 4 of those fields at a time so scrolling is a million years long) recalling data from previous entries so the person can modify without having to retype everything, being able to edit previous entries, the cost ($40 per license for each front desk user) etc. I thought about using MS forms but i feel like it has similar issues. I was wondering if there was any other Microsoft tools or solutions people knew of - or is powerapps my best option? If powerapps is the solution does anyone have any good guides that would help with my particular project? 

Thanks

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (26,327)