cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Data Field Changing value on navigating screen

Hello Expert,

In my App i have one drop down field name EmployePersonnelNumber , This filed picks data from SQL and then save in Share point list. but for the numbers stating with 0 , it discards all the zero and saves only the remaining number for example if personnel Number is coming from SQL in dropdown as 0003 , it will become 3 on the next screen.

i tried changing the datacard value format from text to number and number to text but no effect. please advise i ll be very grateful.

Please find the screen shot below. the data type of SQL column is "single Text of Line"

Screen 1. when choosing the number by dropdown.

Capture108.PNG

Screen 1. navigating to the next screen 

Capture109.PNG

19 REPLIES 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RandyHayes , on the form where its fetching data(master form screen) from Share point it is Parent.default only.

in drop down i am getting 0195, only when it goes to master form it becomes 195.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

So then you are solved now?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes @RandyHayes  , It was solved after i applied @C-Papa  solution.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous 

Just making sure as you followed on with an additional issue.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @C-Papa , I have one more concern related to this issue. i have some Personnel number like D0506, These kind of number not appearing at all on the submission form. even when i putting simple parent.default , number starting with D are not appearing at all.

I am using the formula you suggested last time on Default property of Employee personnel number.

Text(Parent.Default,"0000")

So  i have two kind of case one we solved last time(personnel number : 0003) and another one is this.(Personnel number :D0506) 

PLease advise what change i should make on my formula to get the both case.

hi, numbers starting with 'D' are no longer numbers, you will need to change the format of the text input to text and use the formula in the below image. it's testing if there is a 'D' in the text, if there is, it just returns the text, if there isn't, it converts it to a formatted number.  

you will need to change TextInput3.Text to Parent.Default for your example

CPapa_1-1624347672146.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @C-Papa , Thanks for your help again , i tried this formula it is giving error. PLease see the screen shot below.

Capture111.PNG

I tried both way 

IF("D" in Parent.Default , Parent.Default, Text(Value(Parent.Default),"0000") )
and 
IF("D" in Parent.Default , Parent.Default, Text(Parent.Default,"0000") )

C-Papa
Super User
Super User

did you put the formula in the default property of the textinput? 

also did you change the below?

CPapa_0-1624349170919.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

yes its text.

Capture112.PNG

Hello @C-Papa , Sorry for the late response , i got some issue with my MS account , i was not able to login. To Solve this issue , i removed data card from master form and added a drop down which is working fine without any additional formula. 

Thanks for your support 

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,687)