Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nikitamobile85
Helper II
Helper II

Data Field Format (Thousand separator)

Dear Members, 

I am using SharePoint list and custom form for approval workflow automation. I have a number type column in the list however it is not showing thousand separator when inputting to the form. Please advise how it can be enabled. 

nikitamobile85_0-1635749571156.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
rampprakash
Super User
Super User

9 REPLIES 9
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @nikitamobile85 ,

You can show it in a label (view only) with 

Text(YourValue,"#,###,###")

but if you want a numeric input, it cannot have non-numeric characters in it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Visit my blog Practical Power Apps

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Thank you! I have tried the same and it helps in case of a form view. However I'm using HTML table which collects sharepoint list item data and later converts it to PDF. For this purposes inside the flow I'm creating a variable which pulls Sharepoint list objects, incorpoprates into html an converts to PDF. 'Amount' field is reflected without thousand separator though in the form and in the list it shows up correctly.  

Thank you! I have tried the same and it helps in case of a form view. However I'm using HTML table which collects sharepoint list item data and later converts it to PDF. For this purposes inside the flow I'm creating a variable which pulls Sharepoint list objects, incorpoprates into html an converts to PDF. 'Amount' field is reflected without thousand separator though in the form and in the list it shows up correctly.  

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

@rampprakash ,

As I said, you can only do this in View mode - the requirement was to display when inputting on the form, which cannot be done.

@nikitamobile85 ,

Is your requirement still during input (as you posted) or do you want it displayed formatted in the HTML? If in the HTML, you can use the same code as I posted for the label.

rampprakash
Super User
Super User

Hello @WarrenBelz,

Solution got accepted based on @nikitamobile85 requirement.

@rampprakash ,

Clearly requirement is not as posted

I have a number type column in the list however it is not showing thousand separator when inputting to the form. 

@nikitamobile85 glad you got it sorted, but your original post suggested a different issue.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Platform Call June 2022 768x460.png

Power Platform Community Call

Join us for the next call on August 17, 2022 at 8am PDT.

Power Platform Conf 2022 768x460.jpg

Join us for Microsoft Power Platform Conference

The first Microsoft-sponsored Power Platform Conference is coming in September. 100+ speakers, 150+ sessions, and what's new and next for Power Platform.

Users online (1,684)