Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Data Form View from LookUp/Relationships Not Working

Ok, so here's my issue:

I have a two related entities from the CDS, Person and Family, where a Person points to a Family. In my Person DisplayForm I have a button that navigates to a Family DisplayForm with the function:
Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: BrowseGallery_PersonList.Selected.Family})

I then have a DisplayForm in 'Family - Family Members' where (DataSource = Family) and (Items = FamilyView), but the view is not working. It's not even throwing an error... it simply doesn't show any information.

But this command works in another instance where I don't use the LookUp/Relationship value to pull in information. For example, in my BrowseGallery for Family, I have the Navigate function for each item send the following function:

Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView:ThisItem})

And this works perfectly for all instances.

Is there something I am not doing properly, or is this a limitation of PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Re: Data Form View from LookUp/Relationships Not Working

@v-monli-msft,

I ended up finding a solution to my problem.

I created a custom card in my Person Display Form that allows me to Navigate('Person - Family View', None, {PersonView: ThisItem}). 

Then in 'Person - Family View' I have a Gallery connected to Family where ( Items = Filter(Family, Family_Name = PersonView.Family_Name) ). This allows me to view all Records in Family related to Person based on Family_Name. Then, I have a Navigation button that executes Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: ThisItem}). Thus, I don't need to display any information in 'Family - Family Members' based on a LookUp; I can just have Items = FamilyView.

This solution also allows me to reverse the process so I can create a Gallery in a Family Display Form with all Persons related to that Family based on Family_Name and navigate to each Person individually without error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyHart,

I created a similar app and I got the same result. I will try to report this to the pg and see if they have any suggestion.

For your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-entity-form-control-experimental-feature-for-common-d...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Hello @v-monli-msft,

Do you have an idea as to when they would be able to respond? Whether there is a solution or not determines how I build the system for my organization.

Thanks,

Tony

Highlighted
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

@v-monli-msft,

I ended up finding a solution to my problem.

I created a custom card in my Person Display Form that allows me to Navigate('Person - Family View', None, {PersonView: ThisItem}). 

Then in 'Person - Family View' I have a Gallery connected to Family where ( Items = Filter(Family, Family_Name = PersonView.Family_Name) ). This allows me to view all Records in Family related to Person based on Family_Name. Then, I have a Navigation button that executes Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: ThisItem}). Thus, I don't need to display any information in 'Family - Family Members' based on a LookUp; I can just have Items = FamilyView.

This solution also allows me to reverse the process so I can create a Gallery in a Family Display Form with all Persons related to that Family based on Family_Name and navigate to each Person individually without error.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (10,855)