cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyHart Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Data Form View from LookUp/Relationships Not Working

Ok, so here's my issue:

I have a two related entities from the CDS, Person and Family, where a Person points to a Family. In my Person DisplayForm I have a button that navigates to a Family DisplayForm with the function:
Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: BrowseGallery_PersonList.Selected.Family})

I then have a DisplayForm in 'Family - Family Members' where (DataSource = Family) and (Items = FamilyView), but the view is not working. It's not even throwing an error... it simply doesn't show any information.

But this command works in another instance where I don't use the LookUp/Relationship value to pull in information. For example, in my BrowseGallery for Family, I have the Navigate function for each item send the following function:

Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView:ThisItem})

And this works perfectly for all instances.

Is there something I am not doing properly, or is this a limitation of PowerApps?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TonyHart Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Re: Data Form View from LookUp/Relationships Not Working

@v-monli-msft,

I ended up finding a solution to my problem.

I created a custom card in my Person Display Form that allows me to Navigate('Person - Family View', None, {PersonView: ThisItem}). 

Then in 'Person - Family View' I have a Gallery connected to Family where ( Items = Filter(Family, Family_Name = PersonView.Family_Name) ). This allows me to view all Records in Family related to Person based on Family_Name. Then, I have a Navigation button that executes Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: ThisItem}). Thus, I don't need to display any information in 'Family - Family Members' based on a LookUp; I can just have Items = FamilyView.

This solution also allows me to reverse the process so I can create a Gallery in a Family Display Form with all Persons related to that Family based on Family_Name and navigate to each Person individually without error.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TonyHart,

I created a similar app and I got the same result. I will try to report this to the pg and see if they have any suggestion.

For your reference:

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/new-entity-form-control-experimental-feature-for-common-d...

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
TonyHart Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

Hello @v-monli-msft,

Do you have an idea as to when they would be able to respond? Whether there is a solution or not determines how I build the system for my organization.

Thanks,

Tony

TonyHart Kudo Commander
Kudo Commander

@v-monli-msft,

I ended up finding a solution to my problem.

I created a custom card in my Person Display Form that allows me to Navigate('Person - Family View', None, {PersonView: ThisItem}). 

Then in 'Person - Family View' I have a Gallery connected to Family where ( Items = Filter(Family, Family_Name = PersonView.Family_Name) ). This allows me to view all Records in Family related to Person based on Family_Name. Then, I have a Navigation button that executes Navigate('Family - Family Members', None, {FamilyView: ThisItem}). Thus, I don't need to display any information in 'Family - Family Members' based on a LookUp; I can just have Items = FamilyView.

This solution also allows me to reverse the process so I can create a Gallery in a Family Display Form with all Persons related to that Family based on Family_Name and navigate to each Person individually without error.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
MBAS Gallery 2020

MBAS Gallery 2020

Watch Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions on-demand.

firstImage

New Ranks and Rank Icons released on April 21!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power Apps Community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,625)