cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yougan
Helper V
Helper V

Data Reflection issue in power app from excel

Issue: As per the excel sheet in one drive after brining it in to PowerApps it supposed to show first name as it is based on excel sheet after changing ThisItem.AgentName  to ThisItem.FirstName, But it is not showing as expected. PFA and help me on this.

8 REPLIES 8
eka24
Super User
Super User

Have tried restarting the App?

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

v-qiaqi-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @yougan

Have you solved your problem?

Could you please tell me that why you want to change the text property of the same Label?

If you want to display FirstName, you could insert another new Label within, then you could compare the display values with your excel table.

From your screenshot, I think the Gallery displaying works great. It does change to another field value in a same records when you change the field name for the Label Text property.

Just insert another new Label to check if the corresponding field value to the same record displays incorrectly.

Hope it could help you at some degree.

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi Qiaqi,

Thank you for the response. I added record in the PowerApp and it is reflecting in the excel, it is fine.

However why it is showing agent name is same through out all the records in PowerApps when it is different names from excel, this is still not working as expected. Please help. Yes I have restarted the app. 

Hi @yougan,

This is so weird.

Could you please generated an app directly based on the Excel table as below:

vqiaqimsft_1-1631771486730.png

vqiaqimsft_0-1631771461235.png

And then you could get an out-of-box app as below:

vqiaqimsft_2-1631771630797.png

Please check if this action could get you an normal app that display agent name correctly.

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi Qiaqi,

Yes, still I am seeing same behavior.

Hi @yougan,

That's so awkward.

Could you please create an gif to describe all the setting for the Gallery, like Items property for me?

Or I think you could open a support ticket to solve this:

Support | Microsoft Power Apps

Best Regards,
Qi

Hi Qi,

Can u let me know how I need to record GIF and share it with u.

Hi @yougan,

I think you could google for it or you could tab  shift+win+A.

Best Regards,
Qi

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,574)