I opened powerapps today (was working fine yesterday) and found that none of my data sources would connect. When clicking add connection the box is empty. Access the connections form web.powerapps.com it says 'Failed to retrieve the connections', clicking add gives the following error:
Encountered internal server error from Azure Resource Manager. The tracking Id is 'a4931833-5f8d-4f7a-a60d-e2a34bf7e523'.
This is a great concern - we were about to roll out powerapps to a test group, but if an app is going to randomly deny all data connections then I have a problem! Please can someone help me diagnose whats happening and make sure it doesnt happen again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Connector and Connection capabilities in the United States are currently impacted by an outage. Engineers from the PowerApps service are engaged and investigating.
Same here. Last time the apps were used was this morning. It seems there has been a problem with Powerapps and the connections... you won't even be able to create a new one. I hope they are already working on it
We're having the same problem. Though it was one app that couldn't contact our Azure data, but it looks like it a problem with all our Powerapps.
I tried looking but can't find service status for Powerapps. Does anyone know if one exists? Something like this for 365.
All problems seem to have vanished this morning with no word from Microsoft. The data source issue happened during a presentation to senior management last night and they want to know what happened as they won't agree to roll the app out until they're sure its stable...
Came up with exactly the same issue here yesterday. Would also would appreciate word from Microsoft for the downtime in the connectivity as we are due to be trialing an app we have designed using Powerapps in the next couple of weeks.
This issue was caused due the partial outage of one of the Azure services PowerApps is dependent on to create connections, in Europe region. This caused some connections to fail for users running apps deployed in Europe region. This impact started on Sep 19th at 14:12 UTC. Our monitoring system picked up the spikes in connection times and timeouts, and fired alerts. The right teams were engaged, cause identified and issue fixed in about 2 hours on Sep 19th at 16:31 UTC. After this, all connections have been working normally.
We usually communicate service status when we have issues like this on our Support page: https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/ In this case, we missed out on communicating the issue and updating status here.
I want to assure you that the moment the issue was identified, we engaged the right teams and mitigated it as quickly as we can. Like with all livesite issues, we are doing a postmortem of this issue internally to see if we can make any changes to prevent such incidents going forward.
At the same time, we missed out on communicating status. I apologize to all of you on behalf of the PowerApps team for this miss. And sorry for the inconvenience this issue caused you. We are running in healthy state now and you can continue using PowerApps and rolling out apps.
The connection has been lost again - exactly the same error here in Europe (United Kingdom).
This is a real shame - I am due to re-present this afternoon after the previous outtage cause the app to fall flat on its face.
Nothing reported for Azure Europe: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/
In addition the link @Darshan posted to check the status is a 404: