I opened powerapps today (was working fine yesterday) and found that none of my data sources would connect. When clicking add connection the box is empty. Access the connections form web.powerapps.com it says 'Failed to retrieve the connections', clicking add gives the following error:
Encountered internal server error from Azure Resource Manager. The tracking Id is 'a4931833-5f8d-4f7a-a60d-e2a34bf7e523'.
This is a great concern - we were about to roll out powerapps to a test group, but if an app is going to randomly deny all data connections then I have a problem! Please can someone help me diagnose whats happening and make sure it doesnt happen again?
Solved! Go to Solution.
Connection capabilities in the United States are currently impacted by an outage. Engineers from the PowerApps service are engaged and investigating.
Connector and Connection capabilities in the United States are currently impacted by an outage. Engineers from the PowerApps service are engaged and investigating.
Still since 2018 an actually Problem !?
After the DATA Recources (Excel tables values, not sizes !) are changed, Powers Apps returns Error
The Error is
Failed to load Statistic. The specified record was not found. Server response: Statistic failed: Failed to read metadata from file source. Response from the end service is : Not Found clientRequestId: ae92a4b5-c98b-4ba8-922b-e6aeb90c7fff serviceRequestId: ae92a4b5-c98b-4ba8-922b-e6aeb90c7fff;ae92a4b5-c98b-4ba8-922b-e6aeb90c7fff
What happened ! Power App with a Excel Data Connection on OneDrive
1. Using my Office 365 Team Login to get the Programming Surface for Power Apps
2. First programming and connecting all Datasources nicely.
Win10 Workplace and Android are showing the Data and Analytics in the Power App well.
The Datasource is placed in the onedrive of a company team member (User) MS Account.
3. The access to the Data and PowerApps, after saving and publishing works fine !
Now the problem:
4. Then we actualized the Data inside the defined Tables of the connected Excel sheet.
5. After this we start the Power App fully new and let the App try to connect ...
but this ends in the Computer or Android Mobile with the Error above.
Trying to check:
6. Login into the Programming Surface, making no changes showing the error at the Dataconnections
7. Refreshing is also without positive result
8. Removing and new connect to the Data Sources, AND refresh bringing back the Data.
9. Then we have to publish again ... now all is running nice at PC and Mobile
I think here are some basics in the correct data reconnection really worse and this makes Power Apps totally useless.
If the Admin is forced on any data change to reconnect the datasource and publishing it again, sorry then we dont need Power App, then we can send fixed pictures with tables or PDF files to the web. Means there is no value using Power Apps !
Thanks for help to solve this situation
Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group
Next call is happening on April 21st at 8a PST.
May the fourth be with you, join us online!
See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.