cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Data Table Color

Hi Everyone

I'm trying to color some data in my data table.

So I have a sharepoint list with 3 data: Price, Name and billability called datagathering, in this list, I have some activities wich are billable and others aren't so if  an activitiy is billable, I have a yes or else I have a no

So  I add this list in a data table and I'd like to color the price where my activity is not billable

So first I tried to color the line where Activites is billable by this command: Color : If(DataGathering.Billable ="yes"; Black;Red) but here it doesn't work so any idea why?

And after that I'd like to only color the price and not the other rows in my table, is there a way to do that?

Many thanks in advance

7 REPLIES 7
Microsoft
Microsoft

You don't have to use double quotes in your formula. Try this:

If(DataGathering.Billable=yes; Black;Red)

As for coloring only the price, I would suggest to use the Gallery control (not Data Table) to list the content. In gallery, you could assign the color only to the TextBox control that contains the "Price" value.

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

The color property is only available on the table control and not on a column control. @dinusc gave you a good tip to use a gallery control instead.

"Yes" could be correct when you use a "Single line of text" column. When using a column of type "Yes/No", I use true or false.

Robot Happy Rick

Hi, I am new to this board and to the powerapps.   I might not be asking in the correct place.  I think I have similar issue.  I am trying to update sharepoint from powerapps.  Depending on the status I choose in the powerapp form, the share point cell need to be updated with a certain color.  How can I do that?  What would be the update?  I am using patch to update data.  Can I update color as well?  Thank you

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Hi @dem411,

With cell, do you mean in a SharePoint view?

If thatbis the case: What you need is column formatting in SharePoint: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/declarative-customization/column-formatting

Robot Happy Rick

Hi Rick,

This will format individual cells directly in sharepoint.  Is there a way to send a format from the powerapps to let sharepoint know which color particular cell should be.

Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Question: Which mechanism in SharePoint will do the coloring then?

that's a very good question.  I thought there would be some kind of a field property for color that I can set.  I guess I was wrong.  Thank you, for your help.

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (39,478)