cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jfoxbxe
Level: Powered On

Data Table Control - AddColumns - EditForm Items - not compatible with DataSource

I'm trying to modify my data table control to display numbers in a better format. I can successfully do this via modifying the items property of data table control:

AddColumns('[dbo].[TableName]',"$ AFE Amount", Text(AFE_Amount, "[$-en-US]$###,##"))

What I can't get to work is the Form that's driven off of the data table control. My Item property there is DataTable1.Selected and I receive an error there on the .Selected portion which says "Expected a value compatible with 'DataSource'". My DataSource is '[dbo].[TableName]. I've tried changing it to be the same as the above AddColumns, no difference.

Which step am I missing? Has anyone used data table control with addcolumns and selected a row, then navigated/populated an edit screen?

3 REPLIES 3
J4TRK

Re: Data Table Control - AddColumns - EditForm Items - not compatible with DataSource

Any luck on finding a solution.

I've run into the same problem. And by the looks of it, for the same reason.

Super User
Super User

Re: Data Table Control - AddColumns - EditForm Items - not compatible with DataSource

The reason is that by adding the column, the datasource is not exactly the same in the DataTable and the Form, thus the Selected property must be more specific. Use a Lookup in your Form Item property, IE. Lookup(DataSource,ID=DataTableX.Selected.ID).  I hope this works for you.

J4TRK

Wonderful.

Now if I can figure out how to keep the selections on the Data Table from reseting when returning from the Edit...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Apps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

SecondImage

Difinity Conference

The largest Power BI, Power Platform, and Data conference in New Zealand

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (3,782)