cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KC
Kudo Kingpin
Kudo Kingpin

Data Table Field Position

Was Drag and Drop functionality removed from the Data Table Field Customizer panel?

Sorry I don't remember, but is this not possible if using a collection as the datasource?

8 REPLIES 8
mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@KC 

Can you please share a screenshot of what you consider to be the Data Table Customizer panel?  Collections definitely work as a datasource in data tables but I'm not sure what you are referring to.

@mdevaney 

Thank you

DataTablePanelIssue.png

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@KC 

Yeah, that's weird.  I do have drag-and-drop and the customizer looks differently styled too.  What PowerApps version is your app?  Mine is 3.19121.12.  You can find this in the Main Menu > Details > Version History.

@v-xida-msft 

Do you know why this different in menus might be occurring between our apps?

@mdevaney 

This is my personal Test environment version: 3.19115.0

This is also happening on my Employers Enterprise account

Their version is also : 3.19115.0 

so that makes sense.

Thing is that this worked before.

mdevaney
Super User III
Super User III

@KC 

Its probably a bug of some sort.  The community support team will be able to let us know.  They usually answer questions overnight (its evening where I am right now).

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KC ,

You are using the old-version DataTable control, their panel is quiet different.

previous versionprevious versioncurrent versioncurrent version

For the feature you want, please go to Advance setting -Enable imported data table control selection and value property, and turn it on.

Snipaste_2020-01-08_17-22-47.png

BTW, Hi @mdevaney, my community Message function is not enabled, so I cannot reply back, but you are right, I'm a member of PowerApps support team. As for why there is no badge, this is exactly what I want to ask. LOL.

Sik

@v-siky-msft , @mdevaney 

Thank you.

Sorry to be a broken record, I've enabled the Setting as suggested and replaced the Data Table with a new instance but now the field text is only visible if it is designated as a Hyperlink?

v-siky-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @KC,

Could you please share some issue screenshots? What is data source?

I have tested on my side, and don't have any issue you mentioned. Please check the images, the table data source is a collection from the SharePoint list, and the text columns can display well.

Snipaste_2020-01-09_10-36-01.png

My suggestion is that clear browser cache and re-create a new app to check if your issue is fixed.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Power Apps June 2021

June Power Apps Community Call

Don't miss the call this month on June 16th - 8a PDT

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (24,259)