cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Data Table Field Position

Was Drag and Drop functionality removed from the Data Table Field Customizer panel?

Sorry I don't remember, but is this not possible if using a collection as the datasource?

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Data Table Field Position

@KC 

Can you please share a screenshot of what you consider to be the Data Table Customizer panel?  Collections definitely work as a datasource in data tables but I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mdevaney 

Thank you

DataTablePanelIssue.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@KC 

Yeah, that's weird.  I do have drag-and-drop and the customizer looks differently styled too.  What PowerApps version is your app?  Mine is 3.19121.12.  You can find this in the Main Menu > Details > Version History.

@v-xida-msft 

Do you know why this different in menus might be occurring between our apps?

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@mdevaney 

This is my personal Test environment version: 3.19115.0

This is also happening on my Employers Enterprise account

Their version is also : 3.19115.0 

so that makes sense.

Thing is that this worked before.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@KC 

Its probably a bug of some sort.  The community support team will be able to let us know.  They usually answer questions overnight (its evening where I am right now).

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @KC ,

You are using the old-version DataTable control, their panel is quiet different.

previous versionprevious versioncurrent versioncurrent version

For the feature you want, please go to Advance setting -Enable imported data table control selection and value property, and turn it on.

Snipaste_2020-01-08_17-22-47.png

BTW, Hi @mdevaney, my community Message function is not enabled, so I cannot reply back, but you are right, I'm a member of PowerApps support team. As for why there is no badge, this is exactly what I want to ask. LOL.

Sik

Highlighted
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

@v-siky-msft , @mdevaney 

Thank you.

Sorry to be a broken record, I've enabled the Setting as suggested and replaced the Data Table with a new instance but now the field text is only visible if it is designated as a Hyperlink?

Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @KC,

Could you please share some issue screenshots? What is data source?

I have tested on my side, and don't have any issue you mentioned. Please check the images, the table data source is a collection from the SharePoint list, and the text columns can display well.

Snipaste_2020-01-09_10-36-01.png

My suggestion is that clear browser cache and re-create a new app to check if your issue is fixed.

Sik

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Find your favorite faces from the community presenting at the Power Platform Community Conference!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,380)