cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

Data Table Issue with Bit Column

Hello,

I have a SQL view with a bit (Boolean) column. The column is called 'Description Edited'.

If I add a Data Table to my app and connect to this view, the data card for this column defaults to a checkbox. The data card has a Text property which defaults to ThisItem.'Description Edited'

In the data table, all the check boxes are checked despite the value in the database.

WillPage_0-1601501260006.png

WillPage_1-1601501297429.png

Now, if I deliberately make an error in the formula for that Text property, it works!

WillPage_2-1601501350914.png

What's up with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

@VijayTailorI removed and re-added the column from the data table and it's turned it into a text field. I think this is good enough.

WillPage_0-1601503925907.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @WillPage ,

You have to set the Default Property for CheckBox Like below.

VijayTailor_0-1601502627323.png

Thanks,
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Hi @VijayTailor that would be great if it was a Gallery, but it's not, it's a Data table where you don't have that option.

Yes In Data table CheckBox not Possible .

You can just Manupulate Value Like if(ThisItem.Edit=1,"Yes","No") Like that.

Thanks.

Same result @VijayTailor but it's not delegable.

WillPage_0-1601503316095.png

I might just update the view to make string column instead of boolean and be done with this. It's clearly a bug in Power Apps.

Instead of "Yes" , "No" plz try true, false. Once

One more thing, How you Added checkbox in DataTable. you can tell me then will check from my side. also regarding your issue.

@VijayTailor  Same:

WillPage_0-1601503625610.png

Also:

WillPage_1-1601503642407.png

Ohk Last try. if(Value(ThisItem.'Description Edit')=1,true,false)

@VijayTailor  I didn't add the checkbox in the data table, it was automatic when I added the boolean column to the table via the "Edit fields" button.

WillPage_0-1601503783654.png

No choice to change it in the data card properties.

WillPage_1-1601503795926.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call- January

Check out the Power Apps Community Call for January 2021

PP Bootcamp Carousel

Global Power Platform Bootcamp

Dive into the Power Platform stack with hands-on sessions and labs, virtually delivered to you by experts and community leaders.

secondImage

Power Platform Community Conference On Demand

Watch Nick Doelman's session from the 2020 Power Platform Community Conference on demand!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,750)