cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
newbeetle
Frequent Visitor

Data Table not seeing December Records

Hi I have a DataTable that pulls through data from a Sharepoint list, the DataTable is filtered to only show records for teh current year and data for the Current User.

SortByColumns(Filter('Toolbox Talk Monthly Returns', Name = 'Pull-Through-Current-User'.Text && Right('Date.',4) = Text(Year(Now()))),SortColumn,If(SortDecending,Ascending,Descending))

For some reason it will not show records for December, the SharePoint list has not been altered and that does hold December records.

newbeetle_0-1638623970922.png

Any ideas welcomed.

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

I know you mentioned that there are records for December but do the records for December match the current user's name? The other ting that could be causing missing records is a delegation issue. I assume there is a blue line in the formula under "Right('Date.',4)" giving you a warning that the query isn't delegable.

If it is a delegation issue and your list is under 2000, you can go into the Power Apps settings, scroll down in General and change the default Data row limit (delegation limit) from 500 to 2000. If your list is larger then 2000, you will need to change the formula.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jeff_Thorpe
Super User
Super User

I know you mentioned that there are records for December but do the records for December match the current user's name? The other ting that could be causing missing records is a delegation issue. I assume there is a blue line in the formula under "Right('Date.',4)" giving you a warning that the query isn't delegable.

If it is a delegation issue and your list is under 2000, you can go into the Power Apps settings, scroll down in General and change the default Data row limit (delegation limit) from 500 to 2000. If your list is larger then 2000, you will need to change the formula.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If this post helps answer your question, please click on “Accept as Solution” to help other members find it more quickly. If you thought this post was helpful, please give it a Thumbs Up.

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for this, adjusting to 2000 has solved the problem 😀, but I see this will be a short term fix as records will go above 2000 next year, I will research for ideas on how to adjust the formula.

Many thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA Virtual Workshop Carousel 768x460.png

Register for a Free Workshop

This training provides practical hands-on experience in creating Power Apps solutions in a full-day of instructor-led App creation workshop.

Microsoft Build 768x460.png

Microsoft Build is May 24-26. Have you registered yet?

Come together to explore latest innovations in code and application development—and gain insights from experts from around the world.

May UG Leader Call Carousel 768x460.png

What difference can a User Group make for you?

At the monthly call, connect with other leaders and find out how community makes your experience even better.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,205)